Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Definitely August

It's definitely August. Work is crazy busy right now and my days pretty much run one right into the other. And I miss my little boy. Of course, I see him, but I miss the daily routine that we are used to living the rest of the year. Zeb is taking classes for his master's degree and I'll start teaching adjunct again on Monday. Our summer is over. Working at a college pretty much means your summer is over starting August 1, but come Monday, it's REALLY over. I am tired. My house is a mess. I'm cranky. We are eating fast food a lot. Yep, it's definitely August.
I am actually going to take a couple vacation days in September...I don't think I've taken vacation time since May...so, it's been a long summer. But I'm looking forward to September. But we don't want to wish August away too quickly. After all, in just a couple days, we will celebrate the anniversary of one of the biggest days of our life -- "Call Day." I've been reminiscing about that call all week. I think that it makes me so happy and somehow, gets me through the craziness that is August.

Logan thinks it's hilarious when we call Charlie "pooch" or "poochie," so he's started doing it, as well. I simply cannot believe how much our boy is changing on a daily basis. Charlie got a haircut last weekend and I think he looks so good with it cut short...so, I had to include a picture of him. Getting him to sit still for a picture is as difficult as getting Logan to sit still!





No comments: