Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic -- but there was a lot of blood, and I was crying. And Logan did hug me because I was crying because HE had a bloody nose. Let me back up. He tripped and fell and hit his face on a chair. There was blood everywhere. It was awful. I panicked and cried and screamed. He cried, too, a little bit. But he was a champ. He was left with a bruise on the bridge of his nose that doesn't really show up very well in pictures, but that's okay. I don't want to think about it anymore.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Falling followed by Blood....Lots of Blood....
Parenting stretches me in so many ways. I think it makes me a better person. You know, like when my son is bleeding like crazy from his nose and he comes to hug me -- not for his benefit, but because I'm crying so hysterically he wants to comfort me. Yeah, a better person in that way.
Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic -- but there was a lot of blood, and I was crying. And Logan did hug me because I was crying because HE had a bloody nose. Let me back up. He tripped and fell and hit his face on a chair. There was blood everywhere. It was awful. I panicked and cried and screamed. He cried, too, a little bit. But he was a champ. He was left with a bruise on the bridge of his nose that doesn't really show up very well in pictures, but that's okay. I don't want to think about it anymore.
Every time he hurts himself, I think, "I would give anything if it could be me instead of him." I don't know how much of this my heart can take. Everyone keeps telling me to get used to it, but I don't think I ever will. It seems that the older he gets, the harder he falls. And I find it very difficult to balance between letting him be a boy and buying a plastic bubble to keep him in. Let's be honest, there's really no way to balance the two. *sigh* What's a mom to do?
I guess I'll do what I should do -- pray, pray, pray. There's no way that I can keep him from every scratch and cut, so I just have to leave him in the Father's hands and pray that he is safe. Why is that so hard to do? Oh that's right -- because I feel like I love him so much that I want to protect him from everything myself. But I must remember that our Father loves him more, and he's much better at protecting him than I could ever be.
Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic -- but there was a lot of blood, and I was crying. And Logan did hug me because I was crying because HE had a bloody nose. Let me back up. He tripped and fell and hit his face on a chair. There was blood everywhere. It was awful. I panicked and cried and screamed. He cried, too, a little bit. But he was a champ. He was left with a bruise on the bridge of his nose that doesn't really show up very well in pictures, but that's okay. I don't want to think about it anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thats what Mom's are for Amy
Dont worry there is something wrong with you.. Your a MOM
Give him (him give you)a hug and get prebared for the next one..Love You Gramps
Poor little guy. Let's invest in full-body marshmallow armor for our boys to play in.
Post a Comment