Logan is 23 months old today...you can be sure that I'll be taking pictures of him later today. Right now...wow. CRAZY. This is THE busiest time of year for me, work-wise. Documenting my life via the blog has definitely taken a back-seat to life right now. But everything came to a screeching halt last week with the kidney stone. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but it was definitely a "you need to slow down" warning. Not sure if those things can be brought on by stress, but let's just say that I know I needed some rest. And I got it. I had to suffer through the kidney stone, of course, but it did land me a couple days in bed, and for that, I am grateful. Having just come off of our low-key, slower-paced summer, I'm craving easy-living -- you know, just a 40-hour-a-week gig. Don't really find that much in our household. However, the older I get (and yes, the kidney stone was a reminder that I am getting old...I mean, young people do NOT get kidney stones!), I'm craving the slow life more and more. For now, I'm forced to update this blog on my lunch break. Sad.
On Friday, I was getting ready for work. I was going to go, even though I wasn't feeling 100%. Logan threw up all over me. That was it! We both stayed home. Although he started feeling fine a little later, I was feeling worse. I snapped this picture to prove it. Yes, that's really how bad I looked...

Friday night, my parents brought us supper. Logan enjoyed eating some ribs. He loves meat!

Logan and I got a lot of snuggle time this weekend because he wasn't feeling well (snotty nose, sore bottom, red cheeks (face!))...I think he's teething. Anyways, when he starts to not feel well, he gets treated special and gets to sleep in our bed (don't judge me...I love snuggle time!) . He typically takes up more room than a little boy should, but this is ridiculous! He does look comfortable though, doesn't he?!
Logan is in LOVE with brushing his teeth! Whenever he starts to have a melt-down or we need to distract him, we can always be sure that a "Do you want to brush your teeth?" will work. Now, can I take his tooth brush to church?!

On Saturday, we did manage to head outside long enough to see the Oscar Meyer
Wiener mobile. I mean, it was in town, who can resist? It scared Logan though, so we weren't there long.

And this next picture, well, that's my little (big) boy in front of the church last night singing with his Sunday School group, Theo's Clubhouse. I know the lighting is terrible. I didn't want to appear completely crazy and run up to the front and take a picture, so I took it from the back. But he was cute. It was cute when he just stood there (they sang a song he didn't really know), but it was really cute when he started dancing and then walking around on the stage, messing with the musical instruments (yeah, cute, right?!). No, seriously, the dancing was cute. Made my mama-heart swell with pride. He's growing up folks. I'm getting old. And there's nothing any of us can do to stop it.
No comments:
Post a Comment