I was going to a meeting this morning and was able to hear just a little bit of "Focus on the Family." The statement that stuck with me was "The best gift you can give your children is a good marriage." I think I've heard that before, but it hit home to me today because this past weekend, Logan told me and Zeb, "Kiss." We often start kissing on him and then we'll have a "Logan sandwich" where we squeeze him in between us and kiss him (like the above picture). Once in a while, Zeb and I will kiss each other and Logan just loves that! This past weekend, he told us to "kiss." He just smiles!
It got me thinking about the security that a little one must feel to see a strong bond between his parents. Our marriage is not perfect by any means, but we do have a solid foundation in the Lord. I like to imagine Logan's little "security" cup overflowing when he's sees his parents kiss. And that makes my heart happy. It's interesting to me that God designed our children to desire a strong bond between his parents, and furthermore, designed our children to rejoice in that bond. I don't claim to understand all of the "whys" behind what God commands us to do, I'm just called to obey. And I see that the structure of a home, the bond of a marriage, is important, even to a one year old.
I learn so much from being a mom -- so much about myself and so much about God's plan for our lives.
On a completely different note, I left Logan brushing his teeth yesterday (for just a second), and as I came walking down the hallway to the bathroom, I see the cute little face looking out at me...USING MY TOOTHBRUSH! He swapped them out when I left the room! That little sneak!!

1 comment:
Love your post -- Steve kissed me hello yesterday and we caught Zoe smiling as she watched us. It was so cute. I think you're so right about them sensing the security.
Love the story about the toothbrush!
Post a Comment