Monday, August 30, 2010

23 Months

This will be my last "Months" post for my little boy. One month from today, he will be two years old. And I don't think it would be cool if I'm still posting updates under the "364 Months" title, so it has to stop somewhere.

This month, I would like to remember how adorable it is that Logan now likes to sing a lot of things. For instance, I will say, "Logan, come here." And he'll say, "No, no, no!" (in his singing voice) I'll choose to forget how often he says "no" to us. I really don't know what to do! It's more of a programmed response than a disrespect thing, but I know we need to break him of it!

I would also like to remember how cuddly he's been lately. He loves to read books while sitting on our lap. He loves for us to give him 100% of our attention and sit with him and play. I'll choose to forget how he gets into EVERYTHING if we're not paying 100% attention to him!

I would like to remember how now, he loves to brush his teeth. I'll choose to forget that he makes me put toothpaste on his brush about four times before we're done.

I would like to remember how he can now, slide off of our bed, open and close doors and flush the toilet. I choose to forget that he does all of these things at the worst possible times!

But seriously, he's still our joy. I'm not going to lie, it's been a rough past few weeks. He's getting his own attitude and he's expressing himself in ways that are a typical 2 year old. He likes to scream and kick and cry when things don't go exactly according to his plan. I keep trying to remind myself that it won't always be this way. He definitely has not lost his sweet side though. He still gives kisses and hugs and loves to chase Charlie around. He is learning new words every day and can recognize the letter "A" most of the time. He has started attending Sunday School completely unattended by mom or dad (that was hard for me!). He is still the greatest thing that has ever happened to us!

Logan, as you look back on these memories, please know that even when you were being difficult, even when we were soooo tired from chasing you around...you are still our wonderful blessing. We love you so much. We are so happy and thankful that you are in our lives and we don't regret one single second of our time together!!!

1 comment:

Matt and Abby said...

I kind of like the idea of 364 months. You should do it.
Praise the Lord for your little boy!