I like taking Logan to outings and events, but I have to admit, it really stresses me out. I took him into the bathroom to change his diaper and as I was washing my hands, I told him to stand right beside me. I honestly don't remember taking my eyes off him, but I must have...for a millisecond, because I looked down and he was gone. Fortunately, he just ran to the other side of me and he was flirting with some girls, but I almost had a heart attack!
I love that he is getting around more and exploring things and loves to jump and play, but I really need to find a way to deal with the anxiety that I feel. I'm serious -- ANXIETY. My palms get all sweaty and my heart starts racing when he's participating in risky behavior. Don't get me wrong -- I never let him do something that is obviously dangerous. I want him to be a boy and push himself to run faster, jump higher and climb the fence. It's just hard. It's so hard.
We ended up leaving about an hour into the game. We had planned on that anyways, but by the time the first hour was up, we were ALL ready to get out of there! I think the guy in front of us was probably happy about it, too -- since Logan kept hitting him on the back. What can I say, Logan's a friendly little boy and he wants to be friends with EVERYONE!
I love that little boy so much and each day just gets better and better!
No comments:
Post a Comment