Saturday, May 15, 2010

Zeb's Graduation


Can you find Zeb in this picture?


So much on my mind tonight and I want to write it all down before I forget. Zeb graduated from college today with his bachelor's degree. What a wonderful accomplishment!





We are so proud of him, his hard work and his dedication to completing this degree. It isn't easy going to school, working full-time and being a dad. But he did it! And I believe he's a better person for it.

I think Logan was jealous that his daddy was getting all of the attention.




He went to graduation extra early this morning because Lou Hotlz (former Notre Dame coach) was the commencement speaker and Zeb was hoping to meet him. He did get to meet him. I think that was probably the highlight of Zeb's day! I think that it is amazing that Lou happened to be speaking at Zeb's graduation. Zeb has wanted to meet him for so long and today, on one of the biggest days of Zeb's life, he also got to meet one of his heros.
Zeb and Lou Holtz - Best Friends Forever!



Lou's speech was good. He gave the graduates three keys to success:
1. Always do the right thing.
2. Always do your best.
3. Show others that you care.

Logan was such a good boy during the ceremony.

He slept for about 45 minutes, but the time he was awake, he was good. He enjoyed all of the clapping and yelling. He is definitely more of a little boy now than he is a baby. I love that little boy!







This evening was the graduation party for my niece's graduation from kindergarten. We opted not to have a party for Zeb (his request -- I very much wanted a reason to order a bakery cake!), so in our hearts, we were also celebrating Zeb's graduation tonight :)

Samantha said her graduation party was "Amazing."

There were several children there, and Logan tried to keep up with them all. Just another reminder that he is a little boy now, not a baby.





He is talking up a storm. He says many words and new ones every day, but when he gets going, he's having this conversation and talking away and you just have no idea what he is saying. It's usually in the car and he will start shaking his finger and pointing at things and once in a while, you recognize a "PawPaw" or "tree" or "car."
New toys at McDonald's -- SHREK!



Samantha and Zeb were so excited that they graduated the same year!

No comments: