Saturday, May 22, 2010

Logan




There are so many wonderful things about this age and I keep thinking that I need to write them down but I keep putting it off. Lucky for me, our son wakes up at 6:00 (or earlier) even on the weekends, so I have some extra time.

*Logan learned some of his colors. We didn't teach him. Obviously, he learned them somewhere, but not from us, so it was fun for us when we said, "What color is this?" and he answered...correctly. He can even say purple.

*He likes to add syllables to words and make his own words. For instance, "book" can be "bookie" or "bookette."

*For breakfast this morning, he ate half a banana, an entire scrambled egg, and is working on some toast as I write this.
*He can make several animal sounds including cow, cat, monkey, elephant, snake, dog, lion and dinosaur ('cause, you know, we know what dinosaurs sound like).




*Every time I blow my nose, he starts blowing out of his nose and needs a tissue, as well.

*He much prefers the homemade tent to the one we bought. We are returning the one we bought.

*He loves to drink ice water from a regular cup (with our help) and always says "ahhh" after he takes a drink.

*He also loves to drink bath water. This, he can amazingly do from a cup with no help at all (disgusting, I know). He has a cup in the tub to play with and he started drinking from it the other evening. I took it away from him because he wouldn't stop. So, he started just dunking his head in the water to take a drink. I guess he likes the flavor???


*When Logan says no, he means no. But "no" with a smile means yes.


*He has started talking in a really high-pitch voice when he gets excited. Really high and really loud.

*As soon as a I get the video camera or the camera out, he freezes. He was doing all of his animal sounds yesterday morning and as soon as I got the video camera out, he stopped. I think it's more that he just wants the camera than anything else, but it makes me sad that I can't get some of these moments on film.
*The only way I can get him to come inside after playing outside is to tell him he can take a bath. Evidently, taking a bath is the only thing more fun than playing outside.

*Usually, when we put him to bed at night (still 7:30!), he will cry until I shut the door. By the time I get to our room to turn on the tv monitor, he's laying down and out for the night. Even though he gets up at 6:00 on weekends (will I ever be able to sleep in again?!), he is a great sleeper and I LOVE his schedule.


*He has started pinching kids and pulling girls' hair at the babysitter. Lovely.....


*He likes fish. When we go to the doctor's office, he loves to look at the fish.

*He loves other children. He needs a brother or sister. The other day at the doctor's office, he would run up to every child he saw and say "HIIIIIII," and then follow them around. Some kids are okay with that, others are not. As we were leaving, he was telling everyone "Bye. See you!"

*Although we've never watched Sesame Street at home, he loves Elmo. We never told him who Elmo is (again, must be something he learned at the babysitters.) He has some books with Elmo and an Elmo toy. He also drinks juice from a box that has Elmo on the front of it. It's the only juice he will drink. He does not like juice. But he will drink Elmo juice. Kudos to the marketing people who came up with that one. I will now pay some $2 - $3 for 4 boxes of Elmo juice instead of buying apple juice in a big jug from the Walmart brand for $1.99.


*He and Charlie have been annoying each other lately. Charlie jumps too rough on Logan and Logan repays him by trying to lay on top of Charlie. But every morning when we wake up, he runs over to where Charlie sleeps to say good morning.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures... Thank YOu
Also want to thank you for posting what Logan is doning and saying.We get information on what is going in his life..
Love You GG Johnston