Friday, May 14, 2010

Graduation


Tonight, my niece graduated from kindergarten! I cannot believe that she is 6 years old already. I still remember where I was when I got the phone call from my sister stating that she was having a little girl. I immediately started to cry....hoping/praying that this little girl would LOVE me. And I'm happy to report, she does. I like to be the fun aunt and promise her that if she moves in with me, I would let her have her very own craft room. We would do crafts all day, every day, and she could use all of my stamps, scissors and markers. She lights up when I tell her this. She is so creative and she wants to be an artist when she grows up.


My, how I love that little girl. They once had a large box at their house and she asked her mom if she would package her up and send her to Aunt Amy. And then there was the time that she got mad at her mom and said she was going to live with Aunt Amy. (Secretly, I love that!)


I can see that Logan is just as in love with my sister as her girls are with me. When her girls want to sit with me in church, Logan wants to sit with her. I love it!


The graduating class recited the Presidents, books of the Bible, states and capitols, and various Bible verses. Samantha sang a duet with another little girl. Her line was "Now sometimes I know that I get in your way; I'm noisy and just bug you so. But there's lots of questions that I need to ask, if I'm ever going to know." Brought tears to my eyes. So, so precious!

No comments: