Thursday, May 27, 2010

Something about my Office...

I don't typically write about work here, because I'm sure none of you care and quite frankly, I don't like to think about work when I'm not there. But I had to share this funny story...a couple years ago, right before Logan was born, we needed a temporary employee in our office. I hired C, as she had worked for me before and I knew she was a great worker. She worked for us a couple months, got us all caught up and she left. About six months later, we needed a temp again. I wanted C, but she was pregnant and due right around the busy time we would be needing her. So, I hired L. L is the wife of Zeb's friend from high school and she was an excellent worker, as well. She temped last summer and came back a couple months ago. I have a new position in my office and really wanted L to apply. She thought about it, but decided to stay home with her 3 year old and her new baby who is due in a couple weeks. So, L's last day is tomorrow.

I hired M, who is an internal hire and I know her work ethic from having worked with her the past several years. I'm excited about her starting on Tuesday. She came into my office yesterday and wanted to talk to me to let me know that she just found out that she is pregnant. Moral of the story -- if you know anyone who wants to get pregnant, have them work for me. I mean, not that I have anything to do with it, but I'm definitely seeing a trend here!

So, as I'm making food for a little party for L's last day tomorrow, this is what I found my boys doing tonight...
We are looking forward to a great weekend. We have a lot going on this weekend and in the coming weeks, so stay tuned....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well there not getting under foot..
Lazy dudes
LOVE YA
GGgramps