Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sensitive Logan


So, tonight, I was trying to make Logan laugh while feeding him supper. I would shout "HAPPY!" and show a big smile. I don't remember the last time he laughed so hard. Then, I started to act sad. I acted like I was crying. At first, he laughed. So I became more dramatic. At some point, he forgot that we were playing a game and he got seriously upset. I don't think I've ever cried in front of him. He started crying himself. Not the "shut up, I want you to stop" crying, but the "oh my, I cannot stand to see my mother crying...what is wrong with her" cry. I couldn't believe it. He was crying real tears. I picked him up from his high chair and he gave me the biggest hug to comfort me. He was truly hurting because he thought I was hurting.
After that, I really did start crying because I was so touched by this little boy -- 19 1/2 months old, seeing someone hurting and hurting with them.


My thought -- how many ways will the Lord be able to use Logan's compassion to reach others for Him? I can't wait to see how the Lord works in His life.

2 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

What a precious little boy, and what a precious gift from God that he is to you guys.

Lyndsey said...

Hi, I just started following your blog, and I must say that this post touched me. I don't know the whole story about you and your family's adoption journey, but I do know that God's hand is on your family and on your beautiful son! Thank you for this delightful post, it reminded me how much I want to keep pushing through all the trials to be a mother someday.