Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tent Time

I was on a mission to find a suitable tent for Logan...one that was big enough to have some fun (not like the one we purchased last week that only he could fit into and he ended up carrying around with him), yet small enough to fit in our living room. And find one, I did. And it's grand!
We put it up last night while Logan was sleeping, so this morning, we brought him out to the living room to show him. It felt like Christmas for me & Zeb!!! He was very excited and kept saying "Oh no." I recorded part of it, and just as I shut off the camera, he said, "Thank you." I promise, he did! He loves his tent. It now has pillows in it (we pretend we are sleeping) and a lawn chair for him to sit down. He doesn't spend a lot of time inside it...it's mostly running in and out of it. But I think it's going to work just fine.
And if you're wondering if I care that I have a tent taking up most of my living room, I don't. Because Logan loves his tent and a tent in my living room reminds me that I have a precious little boy who is growing into a big boy right before my very eyes. A tent in my living room is a reminder of the wonderful blessing that precious little boy is in our lives. A tent in my living room makes me happy beyond belief!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:You got married to raise a family
You bought the house to raise family. You have a boy to raise and its his house also..People that have a house and kids and eveerything has to be in a certain spot, the kis cant bring anything out of there room, and the room is not to be messed up.. that is not living, A messed up house is a happy house ,, when there are children in the house
GG Johnston

Nicole Jewell said...

I think a tent in the living room is perfect! What a cool tent too!