Dining out with a 5 1/2 month old is quite an experience. When Logan was a newborn, it was a breeze. We could pretty much count on him sleeping through the entire meal. But as he's grown and become more curious, it's not an easy (and therefore, not very enjoyable) task to eat a meal at a restaurant.
We went to Red Lobster for lunch today and we had a plan. We took the stroller in because he's not steady enough to sit in one of those wooden high chairs just yet. As soon as we sat down, we got out his carrots and I started to feed him. Would you believe my precious little boy thought it was funny to spit his carrots out. Yes, that's right....I would put the spoon full of carrots in his mouth and he would spit them out (quite dramatically). Carrots in his hair. Carrots on the stroller. And yes, even carrots in his nose. Mommy's patience was running thin, so daddy took over. Wouldn't you know...that little boy ate those carrots (fed by daddy) like nothing.
While I was just stressing out about the scene we had caused previously and embarrassed by Logan's on-and-off cries and babbles, others saw us differently. About half way through our meal, a lady who was leaving came over to me and said, "Very good baby." Wow. Praise the Lord. Isn't it interesting that when I was thinking we were causing a disruption, someone else saw it as good. Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'll have to keep that one in my mental file and look back on it when, in a year or so, he's throwing food around the restaurant...maybe it's not so bad! (hah, hah!)
Most of you know that I love to take walks. Charlie and I walk about 25 minutes almost every day. Even in the winter, I bundled up and walked Charlie through snow and sometimes even ice. We haven't been able to walk quite as much this winter because Zeb had class a lot and of course, we couldn't leave Logan at home! So, imagine how EXCITED I was that it was about 60 degrees here today and ALL FOUR OF US took a walk together. It was short because it was a little windy outside, but what a wonderful time. Unfortunately, Logan was more interested in chewing his stroller strap....but I think in a few months, he'll enjoy walks as much as Charlie and I do.
Lastly, here is Logan posing in his new BF Goodrich shirt. I think he should become the next spokesperson for Goodrich/Michelin tires...wouldn't you buy something if he was on the poster?
1 comment:
Logan'
"Everyone knows that chewing on straps is more important then looking at green grass or anything that we might be going by. And I see charlie all the time but not these straps.. Further more if I would get fed I wouldnt need to chew on straps.."Love You Gramps
Post a Comment