One of the (many) things I love about being Logan's mom is being able to watch him discover everything. I honestly can't remember the last time I was surprised by something or spent any amount of time appreciating or discovering something. I can't remember the last time I found something truly, truly interesting...to the point that I wanted to study it so much. However, our little boy enjoys and appreciates everything. It makes me want to do that, too. He can just enjoy a car ride...just enjoy it! For crying out loud, when I'm in the car, I have to have the radio going and a thousand different things are running through my mind.
Logan enjoys playing on the floor for long periods of time with different toys. He will pick up one and of course, have to put it in his mouth. Then he'll roll over and find a different toy. It's all so new to him. It's all so exciting.
It's sad, but I think as we grow into adulthood and we lose the childlike wonder, we also lose much of our ability to appreciate anything. We are so blessed and we see so much beauty in this world, but how often do we really stop to appreciate it? Logan is happy just to look at my face and reach his hand out to touch it. He is happy just by his daddy making a silly sound.
I think I can learn a lot from this little guy.
2 comments:
You really are enjoying motherhood aren't you Amy? it's a joy to read what you write each day, and I am sure Logan will be fascinated to learn every detail of his life once he is grown.. His future wife will welcome this documentary so they can compare your grandchildren to him...Keep on love xxxx
20 1/2 years later I still remember the day Cailla laid on the floor in the sunrays and discovered her hand !
We do so often lose the wonder of childhood ! But then if we let Him God sends us a gentle reminder !
The other day I watched in amazement as one of my day care boys discovered his shadow - no lesson plans or activities could have achieved that !
Cherish every minute, every detail, every achievement !
They grow up too fast !
Post a Comment