Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two Year Old

It has been a great weekend. My best friend came to stay with us for a few days, and it was amazing. It's a complete treat for me to have someone in the house who is willing to play with/entertain Logan, constantly pick up all the toys and just be there for random girl conversation. Don't get me wrong, Zeb's great...but sometimes I think a 3rd parent would just be perfect :) But in all seriousness, having her here was so wonderful. I miss her already.

This was the first time that Logan was actually able to interact (we only see her about twice a year), so he was loving it...he called her "Sem" (her name is Sam)....and they were pals. She's going to be a great mom someday! Leave it to the fun "Aunt" to bring the finger paints for the little guy. But hey, she cleaned up the mess, so I'm not complaining! (She's great in all the ways that I'm not...you know, cleaning things up, keeping things tidy, etc.)
We had lots of family time this weekend. And I have started to realize that I really love having a two year old. He is so funny and fun to be with. Here are some random things about him...
*He calls trucks "twucks." And sometimes, he adds a few extra "u's" so it's "twuuuuucks." I love to hear him say it. *One of his recent memory verses was "God is strength." Today, he was pulling at a string on a blanket and said, "God is string. Good Job."


*He's been wearing a bandaid on his toe since the toe nail did fall off. Today, the bandaid (with he calls binday) came off and I heard him say to himself. "Oh no. Binday. Owie. Kiss it. Okay." (then I heard the kissing sound as he kissed his own foot.






How grown up does he look in this next picture? See that sweatshirt? Size 4T. Tonight, oh tonight....it was one of my favorite moments as a parent (now that it's over). His Sunday School class sang a song at church. They all got on stage and Logan's eyes just lit up when he saw all of the musical instruments on stage. I held my breath, just praying he would not go knocking them over. And then, he spotted the microphones. They had some technical difficulties with the CD, so the kids were just waiting up there. Logan was pretty much the only one who wouldn't stand still. He just kept looking at everything, looking at everyone, lifting his shirt up, bending down, etc. All of this kept up once the music started, but
once the music started, so did his dancing. I was wearing a red shirt, and I'm pretty sure that my face was as red as my shirt! I was laughing, but also praying that he wouldn't jump right off the stage or ruin any of the equipment.









A lot of people saw him eyeing the microphones. I think they all thought he was going to grab one, too...but he never did. I really regret that I didn't bring my video camera.
He went on the potty again this weekend, and once again, once he started going, I yelled and then it scared him and he stopped. Poor little guy. I need to learn to hide my excitement so that he can just go in peace. I think I'm making it harder on him than it should be!
We have a regular, uneventful week coming up. I can't wait!!!!!!!!







No comments: