Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Home.

I was a sucker for baby sleepers, but I'm happy to report that I'm just as in love with kids pajamas. Logan was so excited to wear his new Thomas the Train pjs tonight.
I am home...and I don't have to travel for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I am honored to be a part of the Leadership Academy at work, which requires travel each month for six months. Add that to my normal travel which sporadically occurs, and you have the perfect storm of traveling. It's been a lot lately, and I'll be honest, it's hard on us. Actually, it's probably harder on me and Zeb than it is on Logan. Last night, he stayed with Grandpa & Grandma M. and he was thrilled! His cough is still hanging on (as is his rotten toe nail, but I think he's going to lose the nail before he loses the cough!).

Yesterday at the conference, I started getting sick. I missed out on the evening's events at the conference because I was in my room sleeping. I stayed for one session today and then headed home. The weather was awful. There were tornadoes around, but fortunately, I made it home. I'm feeling better tonight, which is surprising because I was SICK yesterday. I typically try to fight things off without too much medicine, but I was in no mood to fight anything, so I took some medicine, and it worked! I don't know why that surprised me, but when I started feeling better, I was seriously thinking, "Oh wow...I should try that more often!!!"


The travel last week and this week, so close together, has really taken a toll on me. I was so happy to be home. I honestly start to take our routine for granted and even start to dread it some days. But it just takes a little bit of time away to remember how great a routine is...how great it is to be in my messy house instead of in a neat hotel room thinking about how much I could be doing if I were at home.

Anyways, enough about me. Logan has been saying some funny things lately. My favorite is when we say something like, "Logan, stop doing that!" and he will reply, "I'm trying!" or "Logan, come here!" and he'll say, "I'm trying!" Makes us laugh every time! Tonight in the bath, he was doing his usual, acting like he's swimming while on his belly and he kept dunking his head and trying to drink the water (what is up with that?!) and Zeb would say, "Logan, stop it!" and Logan said, "I spit!" and would spit it out...like that makes it okay. Sometimes I think we'd be better off to just hose children off then actually put them in bath water.

It's good to be home!

No comments: