Sunday, October 3, 2010
Remember When...
There is a country song that has the line "Remember when...the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week..." I cry almost every time I hear that song, and tonight, as Logan's little feet were pitter-pattering across our kitchen floor, I just started to cry. WE ARE LIVING IN THE MOMENTS THAT I WILL REMEMBER WHEN I'M EIGHTY. Seriously, THIS is the BEST time of my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that different things will happen throughout our life and we'll experience lots of joy. But these days, just the day-to-day, being together, loving on each other -- this is what is going to make my life worth living. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS LITTLE BOY.
Don't get me wrong, it's not easy being the parents of a toddler. Tonight, he even said, "Dad, shut up!" (Daddy is starting to understand that Logan does listen to what we say!) But the joys certainly outweigh the difficulties, and I know that when we look back, we won't even remember the difficulties...well, we won't remember them as clearly, I'm sure :)
I want to remember that Logan calls himself Logie. I want to remember that sometimes, when he gets excited and cheers, he'll say "Mommy, Daddy, Logie!" really loud like we're all on the same team and he's cheering for us together.
This little one will probably have no idea how much joy he brings into our lives. What did we ever do without him?! Taking pictures just doesn't seem like enough to capture all of it...and I want to remember every moment. Thus, at the close of every day, I'm a little bit sad that there are things that I know I will forget. Even as I type this post, I'm certain that there are things that happened just today that are already gone from my memory.
I wish that I could carry around a video camera with me every second because let's face it, the best moments are the spontaneous ones.
Tonight, he was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star...." but he replaced the word "Twinkle" with "Bible," so it was "Bible, Bible, little star." I don't know why I found that so amusing. I just don't want to forget it.
He was acting like a dog this afternoon (the above picture) and he also fed Charlie an M & M earlier today (Charlie's still alive, so we're hoping it didn't do any damage!)
I love everything about having a little boy. I hear a lot of people say that the clothes for little boys aren't as cute as the clothes for little girls. I disagree. I absolutely love the adorable clothes that you can purchase for little boys. And I wouldn't be one bit sad if I have a house full of boys one day. (Don't get me wrong -- I'd be equally happy to have a house full of girls one day...how about a house full of boys & girls?!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally understand about wanting to capture every moment. I want to get out the video camera all the time but it still won't capture what they are like when they are in my arms, or how they smell or just exactly how chubby their thighs are. Even video cameras are only so good.
Just keep enjoying him, as I know you are.
Post a Comment