Monday, September 13, 2010

Soakin' It Up

We are soaking up these last days of summer...

...these last days of being ONE.


If I had to say, I would say that ONE was a pretty good year for Logan. At least, I hope he feels this way.

So, we are preparing to say "good-bye" to ONE and things that were scary at the beginning of the summer, aren't so scary anymore. For instance, Logan was scared of his froggy pool at the beginning of summer. But they've made up.




And he certainly couldn't do this at the beginning of summer, let alone at the beginning of ONE.

He definitely couldn't shoot us with a water bottle at the beginning of summer either. Now, he handles his "pew, pew" as he calls it, quite well. He was spraying me like crazy tonight. I scream when he sprays me. He laughs and sprays me more, so I scream louder and he laughs louder.




And it won't be long until we're packing up the sandbox for the winter. We're REALLY going to miss the warm days outside. But I'm excited to see Logan play in the snow this year. Well, not really excited, more like, "If it has to come, I guess I'll be interested to see how Logan responds to the snow in the five minutes that I let him play outside this winter."



And what on earth is he doing with my shoe? Well, he saw a spider (not on the chair, the spider was actually by his sandbox), and he ran inside saying "spider," and grabbed my shoe to take it outside to kill the spider. Yeah, he's seen us do that once or twice, unfortunately.




So, we spent a lot of time outside tonight, just soaking up these last few warm summer days and soaking up the last few days of this year of being ONE. I'm going to miss my little one year old, but I know that -- even though it's hard to imagine -- two year old Logan will be even better!











2 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

I'm sure two gets even better. At least I hope so too b/c Hannah's days of being one are just flying by too!

Amber Rose said...

I LOVE the last picture of Logan relaxing in the grass. We just happened to be writing blogs at the same time tonight:) Great minds think alike!