Sunday, September 12, 2010

Active

"Active" is the only word I can think of to describe both our little boy and our lives right now. Days pass into weeks and weeks are passing into months and this little guy is doing/saying more every day! He loves playing with his racetrack. And one time, his daddy told him "EASY!" when they were putting the cars on the track, so now, Logan calls it "Easy" and says that every time he plays it. Zeb is overly thrilled because Logan is really into football! Yesterday, he was cheering for Notre Dame, so this morning, Logan wakes up, goes to the tv and says, "GO DAME!"

On Friday, we went to Grabill Days, a local festival. We had a really nice time, but I only took one picture. That seems to be the theme of our lives, actually...lots of living, not so good at taking pictures. I did take this one of Logan at the area where they had baby animals. He loved the ducks. The baby cow was mooing a lot, and that really scared Logan!
Logan now goes to class at church on both Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. He absolutely loves going to class and it's so good for him -- and good for us (I can actually pay attention to my own class now). We are so thankful for his teachers. I've taught in the past, not thinking much of it...it was a good way to be involved in the church. But being on the other side, being a parent whose little one is absorbing the knowledge, I am sooooo thankful for the teachers! Logan likes to sing, too. It's the best way to calm him down these days. He likes, "Fire Up!" "This Little Light of Mine," "Way up in the Sky," and of course, "If You're Happy and You Know It."


He is such a sweet little boy, but also ornery. He says, "No" to us a lot, gives us dirty looks, runs the other way when we tell him to "come here," can be very clingy at times, want nothing to do with us at other times, and whines A LOT. He definitely keeps us on our toes and keeps us going.



He also talks a lot. Obviously, I've never had another child to compare him to, but I've been told that he talks well for his age. It's pretty easy for us to communicate with each other. Most of the time, we know what he wants and he understands our commands. There are some obscure things he says (Batman comes to mind right now....when it says it, it says nothing like Batman), but for the most part, the general population can understand what he's saying.
Yesterday, he went on the potty again. Each time he does, he's scared and isn't sure what's happening, but after about 5 minutes of crying, he's very proud of his accomplishment!! It's hard to believe that in a few short weeks, he will be 2!




No comments: