We woke up yesterday morning and decided that we wanted to do something fun. The weather was actually a little chilly and Logan has had a nasty cough all week. But we just couldn't let the last weekend of summer go by without something exciting, so we decided to head to the zoo. I'm so glad we did. The cool weather ended up being perfect for our outing and the fresh air seemed to do Logan good.
Logan is quite a different zoo-goer now than he was even a few months ago. I LOVE it! He was into every single thing he saw. Sometimes, we had to drag him away. He didn't understand that there was (so much) more to see. This big lion was the first thing we saw when we went into the zoo. At first, he didn't like it, but then he didn't want to leave it!
I love this next picture of the two of them walking together, holding hands. It's funny, because normally, we have to fight with Logan to get him to hang onto our hand. Yesterday, since the zoo is pretty kid-friendly (I'd say the chances of him getting hit by a car in the zoo are pretty slim), we decided we would let him have some more freedom. At first, he didn't understand....he kept trying to hold our hands. We didn't mind.
He loves these drums. Seriously, I need to get him one for the house.
We kept him in the kangaroo long enough to take a picture. I remember he didn't like this last summer either. As soon as we snapped the picture, Logan said, "HELP!"
Logan is full of surprises and I can never guess correctly how he is going to handle something. For instance, he LOVED this tunnel. I would have figured he wouldn't have liked it...but he loved it...another thing we had to pull him away from!
I have no idea what they are looking at in this next picture, but all I can say is, "Like father, like son"!
Can you tell how much fun we are having?! On the boat ride, Logan wasn't as excited as I was. Very shortly into the ride, he said, "All done!"
Usually the last stop at the zoo is the petting area. The only animals you can really pet are the goats. Zeb hates goats. I think that's funny. Seeing as how we actually did have a goat growing up, I was loving it...and so was Logan.
He had to pet every goat he saw.
I love this next picture because he was walking around, petting every goat and would get in their face and say, "Hi goat!" to each one.
Two things completely unrelated to the zoo: Logan got a bloody nose at the babysitter's house on Friday because he was being his typical, dare-devil self. I have a feeling there are a lot of bloody noses in our future. And he's really into saying, "Watch this!" now. So, we hear that several times a day. I love it. I really, really love it!
Zeb has to work tomorrow (Labor Day), so it's just going to be me and Logan for the day. I'm excited to have a day off, but we will definitely miss daddy!
2 comments:
Of course I enjoy all the pictures! The reason people visit your blog is to see what's up with your family!
We have a bongo drum in our house...I might let you have it.... :)
I love to come to my computer and see your blog. Your words are so interesting and my friends enjoy reading it. Logan, your the best. Love you, O,Ma
Post a Comment