Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

Zeb had to work today. Logan didn't realize today was a holiday, so he woke up around 6:00 a.m. We decided to visit Ol' Ma. (When my niece was quite small, she started calling her that...she is "Ol' Ma" and my mom is "New Ma"....my grandma doesn't mind! She refers to herself that way!!) Although we see Ol' Ma several times a week when we pick her up for church (she and Logan sit in the back seat and read his "Finding Nemo" book all the way to church. Usually, before she even gets into the car, Logan is yelling, "Take it!" to her so that they can get started searching for the fish), I don't get many pictures of her and Logan together, so I took my camera today.

He loved exploring her house. He was getting into everything! Here is a picture of them playing ball. He was having such a good time!

After we visited Ol' Ma, we went to lunch with Daddy! On the way home, Logan fell asleep, so we both took a nap.


Logan's cough is still hanging on. We have been talking it over all night -- should we or shouldn't we take him to the doctor? I don't know if all parents are like this, but I personally struggle with the "should we or shouldn't we" debate....he's had the cough for over a week now, and it's changed. It's not croup...I know what that sounds like after last fall/winter! But I just don't want it to go too long and turn into something more than a cough. I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about that boy!
In BIG news -- Logan went poopy on the potty today! Sorry if that's too much information, but it's big news in our house! He was very confused at first...wasn't sure what was going on, but we kept praising him, so I think he realized that it was a good thing. I know that it's just a small step in the whole potty-training realm, and it's sure to be a long road, but I was happy we made some progress. I've sat him on the potty several times, prompting him to do something, but he always just says, "all done" and then gets up...having done nothing! (He is just going to LOVE me someday for reporting all of this to the entire world!!!)
We'll have to work with the babysitter once we decide to start training full-force. She typically doesn't start until after they are 2 and sometimes 2 1/2 for boys. We've been talking about it a lot with him and just trying to get him to figure out what this "going on the potty" thing is all about!
Tomorrow, it's back to work!



No comments: