We absolutely adore our little boy. He is growing and changing so much and just when we think it couldn't get any better, it does! We are so blessed!!!
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Basketball
Logan got this new basketball hoop from his Grandpa & Grandma Johnston. Zeb put it together while Logan was taking his nap today and when Logan woke up, I told him that he had a surprise, so he had to close his eyes. It's so funny when he closes his eyes because he really just squints. But anyways, he was sooooo excited when he saw it! He said, "BASKETBALL!" and kept saying, "Thank you, daddy. Thank you, daddy." We explained to him that it was from Maw-maw and Paw-Paw Johnston, so we called them on the phone and he was able to thank them properly!
So, this afternoon and after church this evening, it was all about basketball. When I took him to change him into his pajamas, he had to take his basketball with him.
But the best part was tonight when he was shooting around and he actually made one -- all on his own! Fortunately, his dad and I were both watching and after the initial shock, we started screaming and yelling! I absolutely love that he is so active and so "into" all the things that you would expect a typical little boy to be interested in.
He has developed an obsession with big trucks. When we are driving down the road, he is constantly looking for big trucks. The other night at my parents' house, he found a semi-shaped magnet on their refrigerator and was acting like he was driving it around. He has also recently started playing with his toys while laying on his belly ( like pushing his cars around)...I don't know why I find this so cute, but I do! Also, he has gone from simply pushing the cars around to making the car sounds and having them crash into each other -- along with sound effects -- where does he learn this stuff?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment