Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Play Time!

Zeb and I are obsessive television watchers. We like reality tv mostly -- for me, my new favorite is Jon & Kate Plus Eight. Zeb likes shows like Dirty Jobs. For the most part, I think we just like having the sound in the house and the distraction from our stressful days at work.

We decided that we don't want Logan to think that all there is to do around the house is watch television, so little-by-little we are reducing the amount of television we watch. As Zeb pointed out, this is most difficult to do in the winter! Tonight is our first go at it. You have to understand, whether we watch the tv or not, it's pretty much on all the time.

We are happy to replace the tv sound with the sound of little baby oohs and ahhs. We're listening to Logan eat right now (he's a very loud eater!).

It is not our objective to give up television completely (yet, I can always hope!). We just wanted to put it in the proper place in our home. The above picture is just one of the many ways we can spend time NOT watching tv. I don't think Logan has any idea what's going on with his Happy Hippo Gym, but I'm sure in a couple weeks, he will love it.

Watching Logan is much, much more entertaining than anything on television!

4 comments:

wynj said...

Thankyou for sharing your photos and accounts of Logan with usfescoven

wynj said...

sorry the letters fescoven after my message were the word identification letters, somehow I made a mistake

Julaine said...

We are the same ! Have the TV on mostly for background noise ! Only shows I watch are CSI, 11th hour and Extreme Makeover ! Caity loves Jon and Kate ! Perhaps some good Christian or Children's CDs could replace your TV noise ! I am trying to do that here !

Knapp Family said...

Amy,
We have been tv free for ten years and don't miss it a bit! Life is much fuller and more productive without it. My children all are very creative and know how to entertain themselves. The spiritual side of being tv free is amazing there is more wholesomeness and less pollution. What the Bible says is pure the world says is naive. We emphasis purity. I highly recommend tv free!