Tonight, we visited our doctor who prescribes vitamins.....as we were sitting in the office, I remembered a few years ago when we talked with that doctor about our infertility and asked him if there were any natural options to help increase our chances of conceiving. I remembered that visit, and I remembered how sad it was to, yet again, be told that it was basically hopeless.
I think that a lot of people think that we don't struggle with infertility since we have a child now. Don't get me wrong, we are so unbelievably thrilled that this is the path God laid out for us. We are totally in love with Logan (as if I haven't said that before). Our hearts go out to people who are struggling with infertility and we just want them to know that there is hope. It may not be in the way that you think (we chose not to pursue any infertility treatments, but rather to focus on adoption). But God has blessed us so far beyond what we could have imagined.
I write this because I want couples who are struggling with infertility to prayerfully consider adoption. It's not a second-best option...it's the absolute BEST for us! If we truly seek God's path for our life, He will bless us. We are proof of that, and sitting in that doctor's office tonight just reminded me of the sadness we once felt and made my joy that much greater. Thank you, God, for Logan. And I ask God for a special blessing on all those who are struggling with infertility and wondering what path to take.
November is Adoption Awareness Month -- how much do you really know about adoption? Is there room in your hearts, family and home for a child who needs a family?
No comments:
Post a Comment