Don't worry, I will resume the vacation posts at some point. I need to blog more often because the days are slipping by and so much is happening that I want to document for our family's memories and it's hard to post all the events and pictures from the week just once a week! This post is going to be a hodge podge of recent happenings.

We put up the Christmas tree. We haven't put up our (cheap, fake) Christmas tree for 3 years. We were worried about how Charlie (before Logan) and now Logan would be with it. They are both fine with it. Logan loves it. I don't even think Charlie has realized it's here!

Logan loves eating cheese (if you can call it that) from a can.

Poor Charles. Logan just tortures him. He chases him around, asks him for kisses, asks him to sit on his lap, etc., etc. Charlie still hides out in the dryer. Logan hasn't yet found him there!

But every once in a while, Charlie will give in and give a kiss. Logan loves it. I know that some of you probably think that's gross, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. So far, Logan hasn't gotten any strange diseases from it, so I'm okay with it for now.

I took Monday off work to spend the day with Logan. This is how he took his nap. I love how he holds as many pacifiers as he can in his hand. We ARE going to take them away at some point. We had some things going on that we felt the "security" of the pacifiers was a good thing for Logan, and those events have passed, so we're talking about it....seriously! I have to be honest...it warms my heart to see his face light up when it's time for him to go to bed and he gets his paci. I know, it's silly, but I love that he loves something so much. It's going to be just as hard on me to break him.

Ahhh, the snow! I'm over it! It was beautiful for the first day or two. I took Logan out just for a few minutes on Monday, and he absolutely loved it. I'm quite sure he doesn't remember snow from last year, so I'm excited for him to enjoy it this year. But other than letting my son play in the snow, I have no use for it.

Are you kidding me? This kid is cute!

After the first of the year, Logan is going to be switching daycares. We are so sorry to be leaving Miss Carma's house, as we love her so much and she has been a great part of our lives for the past two years. However, we all (Miss Carma included) feel like it's time for Logan to move to a more structured setting where he will receive teaching. Carma's is primarily a baby daycare. That's the age she loves. We are so blessed that Carma recommended a little daycare/preschool in a church. We checked it out and we loved it! When I told Logan that he was going to be going to school, he started running around the house saying, "YEAH!! School!" I have no idea how he even knows what school is, but he's excited! This change will take place after the first of the year. The daycare teaches the kids to count, they do arts/crafts, they sing, they pray, and there are about 7 kids his age. It's right around the corner from our housing addition. Logan is going to love it! God's hand was certainly in our search because I hate to think about what a terrible dilemma we would have been facing if we did not find a place we liked.

Random things I want to remember:
Logan calls Christmas trees "Trick or Tree."
One of Logan's favorite lines (when he's asking someone what they are doing) is "A doin'?" We heard that about a thousand times on vacation.
We got Logan new shoes a couple weeks ago. He moved from the baby section to the bigger kids section. Size 8 1/2! He didn't like his new shoes, so we told him that they help him run fast. Now, whenever we put them on him, he has to run from the living room to the kitchen and says, "I run fast!"
Ever since we got back from vacation, he has been super affectionate...many hugs and kisses. It's WONDERFUL!
He says "thank you" to everyone for everything. Even nurses and doctors who inflict pain on him still get a thank you!
He loves to look at the Christmas lights out the car window. When we're driving, we'll tell him to "look out Logan's side" or "Look out Ol' Ma's side" and he loves that.
He can point to his left and right foot (correctly) when asked.
He loves to look at the "search and find" books. His favorite is his Thomas the Train one.

Unfortunately, once we got back from our vacation, my travel for work kicked into high gear. I hate being away from him so much. I saw him on Thursday morning and didn't see him again until Saturday morning and it felt like he had changed/grown so much.

He's been whiney this past week, but we've tried to be understanding for medical reasons. But we were starting to stress because it was getting really bad. However, today, we had a wonderful day. So, instead of blaming the "terrible twos," I'm going to chalk it up to the medical issues...which are hopefully done and over with!


I'm not one of those people who has a long list of things that I want to do in my life...but there are certain things that deep down inside, I've been waiting to enjoy as a mother. Today, I realized one of those dreams when I decorated Christmas cookies with my son. Sure, he got sprinkles all over the place. Sure he licked the frosting right from the knife we were using to spread the frosting. Sure, he was sticking his hands right in the frosting and sprinkles. But it was wonderful. He didn't stay interested as long as I would have liked though. He just decorated three and then he was over it. No humans ate the ones he decorated...we gave them to Charlie :) (sorry, they had A LOT of slobber on them!). It's these little things that bring me so much joy!


And no, we didn't use these same sprinkles and frosting to decorate the other cookies. And no, I didn't actually eat the frosting in the picture below!

It didn't take long for Logan to start biting the cookies and eating the decorations. We just pretty much let him enjoy it.





Potty training is still going okay. We are excited that his new daycare works very hard to potty train children. This was a big concern for us, too...again, God's hand was in this!
Logan got a new bed! It's a toddler bed. I was scared to move him into a regular twin bed, so we decided to spend the money and just get a toddler one. He loves it. After we set it up, he kept running back to his bed and said, "I go night night." He would get in his bed, cover himself up and lay there for about 3 seconds, then he would run out to the living room and repeat. He did that about 20 times tonight.

Here is he giving daddy a hug for setting up his new bed. Seriously, as Zeb was putting it together, and Logan started realizing what it was, he just kept saying, "thank you, daddy!"

Of course, Logan wants to help with everything. We haven't taken the crib down yet (although the mattress is now on his bed). I just KNOW that as soon as we put the crib away, we're going to get that call for baby #2....you know how things like that go!


I know this was random and long, but thanks for reading (if you still are!)
1 comment:
Love all the updates and especially the cookie decorating pictures!
Logan looks SO happy with his new bed - that's great!
Post a Comment