On Tuesday night, we ate at Lambert's. They throw your roll to you from across the room. I was so nervous that I wasn't going to catch mine, but I did. The food was AMAZING.In addition to your meal, they also have these things called "pass arounds." While you're waiting for your meal, servers walk around and offer you a variety of appetizer/side dish foods including: fried okra, macaroni and tomatoes, black eyed peas, friend potatoes and onion, and apple butter and/or molasses for your rolls.
Zeb, Michelle and Andrew (Michelle's boyfriend)
Lambert's had a wooden train out front. Logan loved playing on it!
After supper, we went to a campground to hear some friend's of Bill's play Blue Grass music. The highlight was when they took Logan on stage and asked him to sing a song. He froze with stage fright, but it was pretty cute!
After the concert, the campground let us ride on their train! It was a train similar to the one at the Children's Zoo. It was dark outside and a little bit cold (like 60 degrees, I think -- it felt colder), but it was worth it! Along the train ride, we saw many of those huge blow-out Christmas decorations all throughout the campground.
Our train stopped at the "North Pole" and to our surprise, there were a lot of Thomas the Train things there. This next picture just might be one of my favorites from the trip. Logan was soooo excited to see that Thomas!
On Wednesday, Logan got to meet his Great Grandpa & Grandma J! Of course, it took no time at all before Logan was hugging them and playing with them. At this point, he was in HEAVEN with a house full of people paying attention to him, playing with him and pretty much tending to his every want/need!
We went to a pond to take bread to the ducks. Unfortunately, the ducks stayed on the other side of the pond, but Logan didn't mind. He had fun throwing the bread in!
Aunt Michelle had to do a project for school, so she let Logan help her decorate the backdrop for her presentation. He was so proud of his creation!
4 Generations:
We left Florida on a Saturday morning. It was bittersweet, as the end of vacations usually are. We were ready to get home, but sad at all we were leaving behind. I kind of like age 2 when Logan doesn't completely
understand goodbye quite yet. The whole way home, he was asking to see the family members we had left.
Logan licking ketchup off of his french fries like most 2 years olds!
We stopped in Kentucky for the night, where we got our hotel room for $25 because we used up some hotel points we had. Logan had so much fun swimming in the pool.

And there you have it! That sums up (in very few words) our vacation. Although I packed all of our clothes for our night in Kentucky in Logan's small suitcase, he insisted on pulling it himself. So, all I had to worry about carrying was my purse. I could get use to having a strong young man carrying my luggage around :)

Who is that boy and what did he do with my baby?

Home sweet home. I don't know that I've ever seen two friends more excited to see each other than Charlie and Logan. Charlie stayed with my Grandma while we were gone (his favorite place!). Once we got home and unpacked the car, Zeb went to pick Charlie up. I was with Logan in the living room when he heard the door open and he heard Charlie's collar chiming. Logan's jaw hit the floor as he realized that Charlie was home. He said "Char Char!" and ran to greet him.
We stopped in Kentucky for the night, where we got our hotel room for $25 because we used up some hotel points we had. Logan had so much fun swimming in the pool.
And there you have it! That sums up (in very few words) our vacation. Although I packed all of our clothes for our night in Kentucky in Logan's small suitcase, he insisted on pulling it himself. So, all I had to worry about carrying was my purse. I could get use to having a strong young man carrying my luggage around :)
Who is that boy and what did he do with my baby?
Home sweet home. I don't know that I've ever seen two friends more excited to see each other than Charlie and Logan. Charlie stayed with my Grandma while we were gone (his favorite place!). Once we got home and unpacked the car, Zeb went to pick Charlie up. I was with Logan in the living room when he heard the door open and he heard Charlie's collar chiming. Logan's jaw hit the floor as he realized that Charlie was home. He said "Char Char!" and ran to greet him.
No comments:
Post a Comment