Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas

Christmas with a toddler is amazing. There's just no other way to say it. He was so excited, so thankful, so loving, so everything that's wonderful. We ended up buying him a kitchen set at the last minute...we debated this because we were afraid how others would perceive a little boy playing with a kitchen set. But I am so glad we went with our gut on this one and just did it. He LOVES his "kichin." He makes me chocolate and banana and strawberry icecream. Meet the next Bobby Flay:
Grandpa & Grandma J. sent him more presents than should be allowed. Seriously, the box was so big that I couldn't carry it inside myself. I had to leave it on the porch until Zeb could carry it in. Our living room is currently over taken with the entire Chuck the Truck sets. We have some videos of him opening his presents that Zeb will have to post at some point.

I love that it's not just about the presents for him. Although today, he was asking for presents, he also just as excited about the Christmas movies, the cookies, the lights, the trees and the time together. I certainly received a lot of hugs and kisses, which I thoroughly enjoyed.



I wish I could say that the whole Christmas has been filled with nothing but joy and happiness, but being true to our "ruin your days off by being sick" fashion, we've been passing around nastiness germs that won't seem to go away. We all have different forms of it, although some of the symptoms overlap. It is awful. Zeb is currently the most affected. I was hit a couple days before Christmas, did okay on Christmas and hit again yesterday. Logan has been having symptoms the past few days. Yuck. Yuck, yuck! If you remember it happened to us last year at Christmas, as well.


I'm going to try to push all the sickness aside and remember the wonderfulness of having a two year old at Christmas, because it was wonderful.



Logan likes to play in the sink these days. His dad hates that. Whenever he comes to me and says, "Come on mommy," and reaches out his little hand, I can't help but follow. I follow him right back to the bathroom where he dumps water from one cup to another and has the time of his life. I love this boy.






























No comments: