Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sand

We figured that since Logan enjoyed the dirt so much, he'd also enjoy a sand box. As soon as we walked out back to show him he said, "oooohh." But then he wasn't so sure. Didn't take him long to warm up to the idea of playing in it, but we still can't get him to step in it. You know, I want him to jump in there and start digging around. Oh well, I'm sure that will come soon enough and I'll have sand everywhere! Just another reminder of how very blessed we are. We love everything (well, almost everything...the "terrible two's" we could do without!) about that little boy.
He really is growing so much. He "gets" things more now. For instance, the other morning, his hair was sticking up. Zeb and I were laughing at it and he first got a defensive look like, "why are you laughing at me?" Then we said, "Logan, your hair is standing up" and he started feeling the top of his head. Then, he was laughing, too. I'm glad he has a sense of humor and can laugh at himself. He wouldn't survive in this family otherwise :) Many people say that Logan looks like us, and I would agree. But more importantly, I believe that Logan is like us. It becomes more and more obvious to me that Logan is looking to us to shape his personality. Although we feel so inadequately equipped to mold an innocent little life (seriously, does the world need another person who acts like me or Zeb?!), it serves as a constant reminder that we must look to Jesus and the Word of God so that our actions would bring glory to Him and pray that is what Logan sees in us. And of course, the being able to laugh at himself....'cause we do a lot of laughing at him!
Love that boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The answer to your question!
"Do we need another like Zeb and I"
IS YES. It would be a better place if we had a great number of ZEB's and AMY's. We know that Logan is going to turn our good, as long as he has parents like you two..
Love You GGramps