Thursday, July 1, 2010

21 Months + 1 Day

I had this written yesterday, but we lost our internet connection and I lost part of this post, but here it is anyways:

Throughout the day, a hundred different things run through my mind that I should write about, but whenever I sit down to write, the number one thing that comes to mind is just how extremely happy Logan makes our lives. He's doing so much these days...learning something new practically every day. He repeats what we say more and more, he can count like a pro (well, he still won't say 4 or 5 -- go figure!), he loves to sing and dance and especially loves to make lion sounds to scare his mommy! If he is in the kitchen with his daddy, daddy can tell him to "go find mommy in our bedroom" and he will go find me. We can tell him to go to his room for a diaper change and he will go. He still uses a pacifier, although we're thinking of ending that soon :) He is still learning to use a spoon and can pretty much drink from a cup without a straw or a top...but he ALWAYS dumps it on himself, so we stick with the sippy cup! He favors his left hand while eating and coloring, but he does use his right hand. He is going to bed later and later. He typically goes to sleep between 8 - 9 (it's never consistent anymore). He still gives me kisses and pats my back when we hug. One of his new favorite cartoons is called "Little Bill." It's so cute to hear him say "Little Bill." We don't watch Shrek as much anymore, but that's mostly because we are outside every chance we get! (not that I was sorry to take a break from Shrek!!!)



Tonight, we ate supper, played outside and then we came inside to eat a brownie. We all sat down at the table and Logan realized we hadn't prayed (we prayed before the meal, but not before dessert). So, he prayed. And said "amen." Then, he prayed again. And again. MELT. MY. HEART. Of course we all stopped (his grandpa and his Aunt Rachael were with us) to pray with him each time.



He loves to sing "If You're Happy and You Know It." He has really loved the few times that he's spent with the children in Sunday School and Wednesday night Bible study. Tonight, he realized that the neighbors have children (they are 13 and 10 and those kids are NEVER outside until tonight). We've lived here almost 4 years and I've never met them! But Logan was staring at them in between the fence, so we went over and introduced ourselves. He loves other children, no matter what age they are!


But this sweet boy, fills our life with so much joy. I'm not sure I laughed every day before he came into our lives. I laugh every day now. Do you laugh every day? How precious is a little life that makes two people (at least...probably more on an average day) laugh and smile. Don't get me wrong, happiness in my life is not contingent upon Logan, but he certainly makes life sweeter. On the mornings when I wake up tired, I am suddenly inspired by his smile. I continually glance at the clock throughout the day thinking about how excited he will be when I pick up him (and how excited I'll be to pick him up). He brings so much joy our lives!

I guess I should mention that he is also going through, you know, the "terrible twos" in a big way. Like hitting things with his toy golf club, falling to his knees when we're walking through the store and refusing to walk, basically refusing to sit still for any extended period of time, throwing anything and everything....the usual. Fortunately, my rose-colored glasses help me to overlook all of these things, for the most part, and focus on all of the happiness.

No comments: