A random picture of Logan & his daddy.
Logan loves to smell flowers. I love that he knows how to sniff flowers. It's so cute!
And here's what Logan experienced yesterday...a sprinkler! When my dad announced that he was getting the sprinkler out, I was a little worried. But I've heard that sometimes parents make their children afraid of things that they wouldn't normally be afraid of (believe me, I'm way too overprotective in some ways, but I'm trying to work on that), so I just sat back and watched to see what Logan would do. I figured with one squirt, he would come running to his mommy. As a matter of fact, I had a towel all ready so that I could hold the wet little, scared boy on my lap. But that didn't happen. HE LOVED IT! He kept up with the two girls and played in the water just as much as they did....ALL. BY. HIMSELF. :( No, it really was cute, and was just another reminder that he's growing up!


At one point when the water hit him, he ran out of the stream and said, "I COLD!"

And he also learned to drink from the sprinkler. Seriously -- it's such a joy to WATCH him explore and learn things. I'm amazed at what he discovers!

I included this picture to show his hair...it's getting a little crazy! Eventually, I will have to get it cut, but not yet....

Today, Zeb was fortunate enough to have the day off work. I took a vacation day, and we went to the zoo! The weather was gorgeous! We didn't stay very long, but we sure had a great time! Here's Logan with a snake. He wasn't that interested because we had just passed some ducks, so he was looking around saying "ducks, ducks" instead of petting the snake.

In case you can't tell in this picture, it's a giraffe there that Logan was getting close to. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to pet it, but he did get pretty close!

We have an wonderful zoo in our city. There is soooo much to do! We never go through the whole thing in one day. We usually take one section each time we're there and then hit a few other areas. Today, we spent most of our time in the African Safari. Here's Logan playing the drums. He loved it! I said, "We need to buy you some drums," and a lady heard me say that and said, "we threatened to do that for our grandson," like it would be some kind of punishment. It would be a dream come true for me if Logan played the drums and I could play the piano and we could have our own little family band :)

We rode the train.

Logan in an egg shell...
We finally found a small pool for Logan. We didn't find one with a slide like we were looking for, but we decided this one was probably safer anyways. He absolutely loves it. I'm sure we will get our money's worth out of this!
Believe it or not, this is not even half of the pictures I've taken over the past several days. We've been having such a great time. Logan gets excited over the littlest things and his voice gets really high as he expresses his excitement. I wish that I could remember every little thing that he does, every look he gives me and every thing we do together. It's hard to balance between living in the moment and yet soaking up those moments so that you remember them.
Logan loves to smell flowers. I love that he knows how to sniff flowers. It's so cute!
At one point when the water hit him, he ran out of the stream and said, "I COLD!"
And he also learned to drink from the sprinkler. Seriously -- it's such a joy to WATCH him explore and learn things. I'm amazed at what he discovers!
I included this picture to show his hair...it's getting a little crazy! Eventually, I will have to get it cut, but not yet....
Today, Zeb was fortunate enough to have the day off work. I took a vacation day, and we went to the zoo! The weather was gorgeous! We didn't stay very long, but we sure had a great time! Here's Logan with a snake. He wasn't that interested because we had just passed some ducks, so he was looking around saying "ducks, ducks" instead of petting the snake.
In case you can't tell in this picture, it's a giraffe there that Logan was getting close to. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to pet it, but he did get pretty close!
We have an wonderful zoo in our city. There is soooo much to do! We never go through the whole thing in one day. We usually take one section each time we're there and then hit a few other areas. Today, we spent most of our time in the African Safari. Here's Logan playing the drums. He loved it! I said, "We need to buy you some drums," and a lady heard me say that and said, "we threatened to do that for our grandson," like it would be some kind of punishment. It would be a dream come true for me if Logan played the drums and I could play the piano and we could have our own little family band :)
We rode the train.
Logan in an egg shell...
This morning, when he woke up, I brought him into our bed, as I often do if we have a few minutes to snuggle. Zeb was fast asleep, so I was trying to get Logan to go back to sleep, but he wouldn't. We were laying there and I started blinking my eyes quickly. He started it, too, and it was like we were speaking Morse code with our eyelids. It was such a special moment...I just adore times like that....Logan got a good laugh out of our "conversation," too!!! Finally, we giggled enough that daddy woke up.
We had a really great weekend and wish that we could spend several more days at home together....
No comments:
Post a Comment