Monday, June 7, 2010

Bip, No and other Favorite Words

I have a lot to catch up on. Several times a day, I think "I need to write that down" and then the moments pass and moments are forgotten. Logan is very much all boy. He usually wakes us up in the morning by either saying "Mom," crying or chatting to himself. But the other morning, he woke us up by growling. He loves to growl.
He does his "I'm cold" smile (pictured below), which he will either do when he is actually cold or on command. What a good little boy...always ready to perform for our entertainment! (ha!)


"Dude, your girlfriend keeps checking me out!" is what his shirt says -- thanks Aunt Rachael!





Zeb and I were talking about how nice it would be to have an indoor place to take children about Logan's age. When the weather is not nice, this child NEEDS a place to run. We play a game in our house where we will knock on the front door and then run to the other door and knock on that door and then run to the back door and knock on that (and so on). This only works for so long. Logan could do it all day, but I get bored quickly. So, the other night, we took him to Barnes & Noble. He was in heaven! They had a little sitting area and everytime I would bring him a different book, he would start his high-pitched squealing and say "oooohhhhh!" He loved it!


He says the word "Bip" a lot. We have no idea what it means. He says it in the car. He says it outside. He says it in the house. And he will repeat it "Bip, bip, bip, bip." This is the only word (that comes to mind at the moment) that we cannot figure out. I have NO idea what it is! It's not burp or bird; he can say both of those. Any ideas?!
He also loves to say "NO!" Most of the time, I don't think he even knows what he is saying. But it's getting embarrassing. Mommy says, "Logan, let's walk over here." Logan says, "NO!!!" and everyone turns to look at the horrible child who says "No" to his mother. Don't get me wrong, sometimes, he completely knows what he is saying and he is just being bad! But there are other times when he will say it and I know he doesn't know what he's really saying.

Recently, he hates having his diaper changed. He will kick and scream and throw a fit. I really don't know why this is either. Many of his behaviors have me absolutely stumped! I'm just writing all this down so that when our next child does the same thing around 20 months old, I can remind myself that it's just all part of the experience.

Logan says so many other words. We will often just be playing and say, "Logan, say ____," and he will say it! He also loves to sing. Oh my, that is one of my favorite things. It's so adorable. I love to hear him sing.

Tonight, the weather was beautiful, so we planned to take a walk after supper. We can't say the word "walk" in front of Charlie because he gets so excited and won't calm down until we leave. So, during supper, I whispered to Logan that we would be taking a walk after supper. He yelled out "WALK!" and that blew it. Charlie knew. It was funny because when he said it, Zeb and I both were like, "Nooooo!" and Logan thought that was funny so then he would whisper it and then say it louder. I love when he whispers something, he leans in close, just like we do when we whisper something.

Okay, I'm sure if anyone is still reading this exhausting post, you're ready for it to end, and so it will! We have a very exciting week. And I'm particularly excited that I finished teaching my last online class for a while, so now, I'm just simply working a 40+ hour week...what will I do with all my extra time?!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love the pictures -- Logan is getting so big! I love that he growls - too cute :) Zoe just started not liking to be changed, too. I don't get it. I guess she just figured out she really doesn't have to lay still if she doesn't want to!

Sounds like he's doing great!! Thanks for sharing!