I am a worrier. I know that it's wrong, and I know that the Bible teaches us not to worry. I try not to. I pray that God will teach me not to worry. They say that God has a sense of humor, so He sends me a little boy -- WHO IS ALL BOY -- and then still, I'm not supposed to worry?!? That doesn't make sense to me!!! But Logan is all boy, and this fall is just the beginning of many bumps and bruises he will endure. Oh, how I wish I could protect him from every fall, every scraped knee, every hurt feeling and every broken heart. But alas, that's not my job. My job is to teach him how to deal with those things and many more, as they will come through out his life. I still have the motherly instinct of picking him up and cuddling him (of course!), and I'll do that because I love to make it better. But these are just the beginning of my challenges and my heart swells with love for this little one who is becoming a toddler right before our eyes.
His daddy thought it was kind of cool and taught Logan to say "Boom." Oh, my boys -- they are going to cause me much more worry in the future, I'm sure! But I still wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
2 comments:
AS a parent you will never stop worrying
I worry about our two sons. Our four (counting you as one) grandkids, and now our one great-grandson, We will worry about any and all of our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and all of them that will be comeing later.. It will never stop.
Amy, been thre-done that. We all "worry" about our children but I sort of think God would call it "concern". HE has entrusted a tiny life into your care and knew before it ever happened, that you would be a good mommy and do everything in your power to care for HIS gift to you.
Love and Blessings,
Sandy
Post a Comment