Sunday, August 30, 2009

11 Months Old



1 Month from today, Logan will be a YEAR OLD!!!!!

Yesterday, we took Zeb's cousins, Russell and Dalton, to Conner Prairie by Indianapolis. It's a Prairie town, set around 1886, and most of the people dress in character. It was so much fun. I'd never been there, so I didn't know what to expect, but the boys seem to like history, so we thought that would be something fun to do while they are visiting from Alabama.

We set out early yesterday morning. The drive was about 2 hours. I need to get me some teenage boys to be around all the time -- they were such a great help. They helped carry things, load things into the truck and helped with Logan.

It happened to be "Taste of the Times" day at Conner Prairie which meant that they had several different food items that we could sample. What a nice bonus!!

At Conner Prairie, they have an old school, church, inn, several old homes, a blacksmith, and many other old time buildings. The place was also filled with so many different farm animals. It was such a great day and I have to admit, for a while, I was wishing I had lived in the 1880s!

Zeb took all of the pictures of the day, and you know how much I love the pictures that Zeb takes. So, here you go:










It's an interactive place, so Dalton got to help pick and wash carrots, and I got to grind nutmeg.







Logan got to sit in this adorable chair (that was his interaction)...






We discovered that giving Logan an empty 7-UP bottle keeps Logan happy for a very long time.




Logan and boys looking out of the schoolhouse window...









All in all, I would say we had a wonderful day!!!




No comments: