Tuesday, August 11, 2009

45 Weeks

Well, we've been having a little trouble with Logan's sleeping patterns. It all started after our trip to Chicago. I don't know if that was coincidence or if there was really some connection, but whatever it is, it's sure hard on mom and dad! We used to be able to put Logan in his bed around 7:30 - 8:00 and just lay him down and he would talk himself to sleep. Not anymore! This little boy screams at the top of his lungs, jumps up and down and cries when we put him in bed, and a lot of times, doesn't go to sleep until after 9:00 p.m.! Even if he falls asleep in our arms (yes, we still do that sometimes), when we try to put him down, the screaming starts. Last night, I just let him "cry it out," as they say, but I'm not a big fan of that. I think there's a very fine line between teaching him a lesson and just being mean! Eventually, he settles down and ends up asleep. And tonight, it was a little bit easier than usual. So, you can bet when I remembered that it's his 45th week birthday, I was not about to wake him up just to get a pic!

So, here is our sweet little boy. Even when we're going through a difficult "stage" when it comes to sleeping patterns, we still love every single minute. And we want nothing else than to do what is absolutely best for our little boy!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Doris said...

If you would quit flashing the camera in his eyes when he is trying to get to sleep, he might got to sleep quicker LOL