Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well, that Explains It!


Logan has a tooth!!!!!

Last evening, Logan was fussy. Let me explain...God truly blessed me with a very good-natured son. And I don't say that because I feel like it's anything we have done. It's truly God's "icing on the cake" as He showers His blessings on us. But in all seriousness, Logan is just a good baby. He rarely...or I could probably say close-to-never...fusses except when he wants to eat. Period. His Aunt Amanda says that he is setting the standards way too high for our future children, and she keeps reminding me that not all babies are this easy.

He sleeps through the night. He has freakishly predictable dirty diapers (yes, when he was a couple weeks old, I could count on a diaper change at approximately 8:45 every evening). That has since changed since we've been experimenting with different foods, but you get the picture (sorry if that's too much information, but I'm documenting my son's life here and let's face it...that's a big part of a baby's life!). He is content to play for long periods of time by himself in his bouncy chair or in his Jumperoo.

He's not perfect though. He's not a big fan of tummy time.

Okay, so enough about how great my son is, let me get back to the fussy part. He was fussy last night, so we attributed it to his sickness, as yesterday, he woke up with drainage from his ear. I was freaking out. He was just whiney and couldn't be consoled. He was, however, content when we sat in his room and read to him. But we can't do that forever. So, the fussiness lasted probably....oh, I'd say a good...10 minutes. (More than I could handle...I know, I'm very impatient) He went to sleep for the night and slept the entire night. Woke up this morning as happy as can be.

Tonight in church, I stuck my finger in his mouth just to see if anything had appeared, as we've been waiting for this day for quite a while (the boy drools buckets a day!). And there it was...a teeny, tiny sharp thing poking out of his gums. Of course, everyone sitting around me stuck their finger in his mouth, too, just to confirm my suspicion.

So, there it is. The fussiness can now be attributed to the arrival of his tooth, and I would have to say he did pretty good with that, too.

If I haven't said it enough lately, thank you, God, for our wonderful baby boy. And thank you for the extra special blessing of his good natured spirit!

(I'm sure Logan will pay me back 10-fold once his teen years hit ;)

On a different note, Logan would be 5 months old on February.....30th?! So, how do we celebrate his 5-month milestone? I'm glad that this wouldn't be his 6th month because in our household we celebrate half-birthdays and I would be very sad if he didn't have one. Zeb said that we should celebrate the 5th month on March 2, but that doesn't seem right to me.

2 comments:

Julaine said...

Yeah ! Logan's first tooth ! How cool !

Anonymous said...

That could explain the sickness he had on Fri.
Way to go Logan keep them coming.
Love You Gramps