It's Charlie's second birthday!!!! We love that little pooch so much. He was such a comfort to us while we were waiting for a baby. I remember the summer that we got him, I was feeling particularly sad about our situation with no children. Some people tried to talk us out of getting a dog...saying that it was so much work. We are so happy that we listened to our heart. He has brought us so much joy.
We had to drive about an hour away to go pick him up. The whole way there, I kept saying, "I don't know if we should do this." But I will never forget as the girl walked out holding him and said, "Are you here to pick up Trennon?" (Trennon was his given name.) I fell in love right away. What an adorable little guy!
Now, we always look forward to him greeting us when we arrive home. He's always willing to play and he's always up for a walk. I particularly enjoy our walks (when the weather is nice!), as it gives me time to just reflect and enjoy some quiet time. We don't have to talk; we just know what the other is thinking, "Life is good." Charlie will always be our first baby.
Happy Birthday, Charles Trennon!
1 comment:
Sorry I missed the happy birthday i haven't been in for a while have to catch up tonight
Post a Comment