Wednesday, February 4, 2009

4 Month Doctor Appointment



Our little boy really isn't so little! He weighs in at 16 lbs. 5 oz. (75th percentile) and he is 27 1/4 inches long (off the charts!!!!). Yes, that's right, he is ABOVE the 100th percentile for height...whatever that means. All I know, is he is long!

The doctor was happy to hear that we have been feeding him cereal and gave us the okay for vegetables (first) and fruits (after vegetables). We are so excited about going to the grocery store to buy some new foods. I've been toying with the idea of making our own baby food, but I'm not sure I'm up for that. It sounds good in theory.

Logan also had to get some shots today. I hate that. First shot.
He got the pouty face, but did pretty good. Whew. Second shot. He holds his breath and his face turns bright red and he lets out a big scream and starts crying. The nurse let me pick him up and he flung his arm around my neck (as much as it would fit) and pushed his snotty little face right into my shoulder and cried. I sat there for a minute and just soaked up the fact that my little boy wanted his mommy to comfort him -- what a feeling! As he was crying, I couldn't help but shed a few tears of gratitude to our wonderful God for bringing us together. Logan was meant to be our little boy, and there's no doubt about it -- I was meant to be his mommy.

1 comment:

Wynj said...

Oh Amy, all I can say is" and what a wonderful Mummy you are"