Logan is growing and changing so much. First of all, the past couple weeks, he's been lifting his head while in his carseat. He's no longer content to just lay back and let the world pass him by. So, it became necessary to purchase a big-boy seat. What an adventure! We found a great one that we are very happy with. I went to Indy last night and spent the night, so Zeb fit the car seat in my car so that when I picked Logan up this evening, it would be all set. Look how big he looks in his new car seat!!!
When he was in his carrier, it wasn't necessary to dress him in a coat because we had a cover that pretty much sealed him in and he wasn't exposed to the cold air. With his new seat that stays in the car, he needed a coat. So, I found a great deal on a coat at Babies -Backwards R- Us. I bought it in size 12 months because I had NO idea what size he would wear. So, when I picked him up from the babysitter's house tonight, I was excited to put him in his new coat and load him into his new carseat. Well, Logan thought that his new coat was great. He was just smiling away. He also thought that it was a chew toy or rather, it needed to be put in his mouth (I guess he's going through "that" stage now). So, he was happily licking his new coat. You'll see why in the next pic...it's quite big on him.
Unfortunately, when we fit Logan in his carseat yesterday, we didn't account for the "big" coat he would be wearing. So, there I was in the driveway of the babysitter's house, trying to get Logan into his new carseat while he's licking his coat and my back is killing me (I hurt it last week, and I'm pretty sure it was from lifting this huge baby in his carrier). The babysitter's husband came home and was waiting for me to get Logan loaded up so that he could pull in the driveway. I gave up. I took Logan out of his coat and still had trouble buckling him. I settled on getting the shoulder straps locked and one of the leg straps (and drove VERY slow on the way home). In the meantime, Logan spit up part of his lunch...but missed the new coat and the car seat -- Praise the Lord! Anyway, Logan was in HEAVEN on the ride home. The look on his face said, "So this is what I've been missing? I LOVE being big!"
So, as I mentioned, I was in Indy last night. Zeb and Logan made it through, and I have to admit, I slept great in the hotel! But I did miss my boys. I'm glad to be home.
Another new thing that Logan is doing is trying to sit up in his bouncy seat. He's no longer content to lay back and watch the lights. He thinks it's for ab crunches because that's what it looks like he is doing. Here's a pic of him working out.
He also grabs at things a lot more now. It's amazing how much he changes in just a day or two. Tonight, he was jumping like crazy in his Jumperoo. It kinda scares me, but he loves it. I just let him go, and I'm sure there are going to be a lot more things in the future that scare mom, but he's a boy, right?!
Logan has been eating other fruits and vegetables, too. And tonight while we were eating, he wanted to be in his high chair, rather than his bouncy seat like he usually is.
Lastly, as if I could ever really pick a favorite picture of the little guy...in case you haven't noticed, I'm a little obsessed with taking pictures of him...but this next one is my current favorite. Seriously, I just can't believe how much I love this little guy...someone should have warned me!!!
Logan in Grandpa's Hat
3 comments:
Great Pictures
It is only going to get better. With every day that goes by he will get where he knows more and more what is going on.. he starts scooting, and finds more stuff, he starts crawling and finds more stuff.. then realy gets to crawling and more and more stuff he finds.. Its been there all along but he didnt see it..you will laugh at what he does and when he finds something you will laugh at the look on his face. And love him more and more if that is possible. IT is
No one could ever warn you how much you would love that little guy ! He is adorable ! There is nothing like being a mother ! The love you have for your child is like nothing else in the world !
He is growing so fast and I am enjoying watching him via computer since I can't be there !
I love the hat pic and love the AB crunches !
And I am just grateful to be part of your blog thankswaysisp
Post a Comment