On Tuesdays, when I think about taking Logan's picture on the day of the week that he was born, I always take a moment to recall the events of the evening on the night of his birth -- the anticipation, the worry, the prayers, the grieving, the thankfulness...so many emotions! In a way, it feels like it was just yesterday, but in another way, it seems like so much longer than 16 weeks. We love Logan so much. And I don't say that so that everyone will think our son is wonderful or bring any glory to us or our family. Through every step of our adoption process we have seen God's hand. I would love to tell you every story of how things just seemed to fit into place so perfectly. It is our desire that God receive all of the glory for the joy that we feel now and the joy that Logan brings to our lives. We do feel like he is special....he's our son! But he is no different than any other precious little life in the world today. What an amazing gift, and amazing responsibility it is to have a life to mold and to teach the ways of the Lord. Our prayer is that with each day that passes, we grow closer to the Lord, not only for our own lives, but for the example that we are setting for our son. And one day, when Logan reads this, I hope that this is nothing new...that he was seeing this in our lives all along.
Thank you God, for the wonderful gift of children.
No comments:
Post a Comment