It's amazing how much can happen in one week of a little guy, but considering at this point, a week is about 1/10 of his life, I guess I can understand.
Where to begin? Well, Logan is adjusting very nicely to our routine and he is on a pretty good sleep schedule. He is doing amazing at his babysitter's house. I think the consistent routine is going to be good for him. He is sleeping in his crib at night, although he does not like to sleep there during the day for naps (like this weekend). He much prefers napping in his parents' nice, soft bed. Today after church, he dosed off, and Zeb put him in his crib. He awoke just a few minutes later and did not want to be there. So, Zeb took him into our bed and Logan just gets the biggest smile on his face and has the most peaceful, content look. It's too adorable! He definitely knows the difference between nightime sleep and daytime sleep.
He is doing great at night. He gets up once, at the most, but sometimes, not at all. For instance, last night, he slept from 10 p.m. until about 6:00 a.m. -- perfect schedule as far as I'm concerned!
He is eating a TON! When he sleeps the whole night through, he eats 7 - 8 oz. in the morning. During the day, he eats less at a feeding, but it's not unusual for him to down 5 - 6 oz. We are soon going to have to pack away his little 4 oz. bottles and save them for the next Johnston.
His neck is doing well. We will officially start physical therapy after Christmas, as the process to get started is very long, but we've had his evaluation and have a plan of action. We saw the specialist the other day and he believes that the mass is changing shape, which is exactly what we want. We do exercises and activities to encourage movement of his head in the direction he does not favor and his babysitter does the same, which is a huge blessing.
Please pray for us this week. I have to be in Indy on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for work, and I'm opting to drive down and back each day so that I don't miss out on too much. It will be an added burden for Zeb, as he will be responsible for transporting Logan to the sitter's house each day. We are praying for nice weather, and basically, just praying to make it through!
As you probably guessed, just because our computer was down, doesn't mean the picture-taking stopped. We know that we have a lot of friends and family across the country who enjoy (and perhaps expect!) daily or every-other day pictures. So, I know it's been rough for you aunts and uncles and grandmas and grandpas (and greats!), so that's why I posted quite a few!
Have a great week....posts will probably be slim again this week, due to traveling.
No comments:
Post a Comment