This picture just cracks me up. I was trying to keep Logan awake as long as I could because the longer he stays up, the more likely he is to sleep through the night. I picked him up from the babysitter's and we headed to finish some last minute (okay, who am I kidding -- 50% of our) Christmas shopping. We came home and ate supper, Logan had a very messy diaper which required an emergency bath and then Zeb headed to Walmart to buy some food items for Christmas Day (I heard we were supposed to get another ice-layer tonight).
So, I was trying to keep Logan awake and he just got so tired, he couldn't stay awake one more minute. I was laughing, clapping, dancing, talking VERY loud and he just slept. So, I thought if I propped him up, he would wake up...nope. Here he is in the pic, propped up on the couch, totally out of it! So, now he's resting peacefully in his crib and I'll probably be up with him in about 5 or 6 hours.
We had quite a weekend. Zeb and I were both very, very sick with the flu. It was awful. We were one of the blessed few homes to actually keep power all weekend, which was a definite blessing considering how much worse it would have been to be sick without electricity. We are both back to 100% today, amazingly. We are anxiously counting down the days until Logan's FIRST Christmas!!!!!
Update: About 30 minutes after this post, I was sitting in the living room reading a magazine and I hear a little boy LAUGHING...yes, that's right -- LAUGHING. I run back to his crib and find him wide awake just laughing. What a happy little boy he is, and what an amazing, wonderful, joyous blessing he is in our life. He constantly makes me smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment