Okay, so we've heard the talk, "He's so big", "He's so chubby" (when did it become okay to tell someone their child is chubby?), "He's really filling out!" But now, it's official -- Logan had his check-up today, complete with shots, and he weighed in at 13 lbs., 9 oz.! He's 24 inches long! Yes, that's the 90th percentile for both categories. So, it's official, he's a BIG boy! This makes his daddy very happy because a big boy is a sign of a future football player, I guess! But seriously, we are thrilled that Logan is growing so well and that he is a big boy.
He did great with his shots. Of course, he was upset; he screamed! And I saw real tears -- big ones. But by the time we left the doctor's office, he was calmed down and this afternoon, both he and I got a really long nap -- It was great.
But let's back track...this morning, before our check-up, physical therapy came to our home to do an evaluation. This is because of the lump on his neck and the fact that he favors the opposite side. I was so amazed by the two women that came to work with him. Basically, they asked me questions about pretty much everything he does. They played with him. He responded well to everything. He was in a very good mood and they liked to see how happy he was. When they were working with him while he was sitting up, and I started talking, he definitely turned his head (as much as he could) to focus his eyes on mommy (little blessings!).
Other than his limited neck movement, he is right on track, if not ahead in some areas. He is very active and they said that he is definitely going to be crawling soon. When he was doing tummy time (which he tolerated very well), he was almost scooting himself across the floor.
I felt very blessed to have this in-home evaluation done. As a first-time mom, it was really nice to have this time set-aside where I could ask any questions I want and I also learned a lot!
To re-cap the week -- I did start back to work on Monday and the week went okay. It's definitely very difficult, but it will get better. Oh, how sweet the evenings are to us now. Not that every single minute wasn't special before, but now, even more so. About 4:00 p.m., I really start watching the clock at work and can't wait until it hits 5:00 and I can leave. I am really happy that I saved some of my FMLA time and am stretching it out over the next several months. I should be able to work 4 days a week through most of March. By that time, Logan will be almost 6 months old.
A lot of people have asked if my travel to Indy is done now that I have a baby. For the most part, it is. However, on Monday, I do have to make a day trip. Please pray for good weather and also, pray for peace. Monday will be Logan's first day at his new baby sitter's house, and it will make leaving in the morning that much harder.
On Monday, I got a special surprise at work from my husband and our son. They did this to make my day a little easier. Here it is:
No comments:
Post a Comment