Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturdays are for Snuggling

I love Saturdays.



Logan has started doing this thing where he smells his shoe (or someone's feet) and then acts like it smells so bad that it makes him pass out. I love this age...





Here he is, passed out.


Last night, I was in the other room while Logan was talking to his Grandpa Bill on the phone. I hear Logan start on his ABC's and he keeps going...all the way to the end. I ran into the other room and asked Zeb, "What is he doing?!" Evidently, he's learned his alphabet at school. GO SCHOOL!



Potty training is going very well. This past week, he had a completely dry day at daycare. He has even started telling us (not consistently, but every once in a while) when he has to go. He's by no means potty trained, but he's getting there! I bought him some pull-ups and today was the first day he wore them. When I put them on him, he thought it meant we were going swimming because back in November, he wore swimming diapers and he remembered.
Logan loves to build things....






...but his favorite part is knocking things down!


Since he only wears diapers occassionally now, we have transitioned from onesies to white t-shirts for the most part. Logan LOVES that he wears a white t-shirt under his shirts like daddy does. He loves it so much, in fact, that he does his happy dance whenever we take his shirt off to reveal his undershirt and remind him that it's just like daddy. And then he says, "Daddy, I just like you!" Seriously, does it get any cuter? Dear Lord, please let Logan stay two forever. Amen.


We are having some trouble with Logan saying "Shut up." He says it a lot, and it's quite embarassing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop? And no, ignoring it doesn't help. Most of the time, he's not saying it to be mean, he's saying it in jest. Like Zeb will say something funny and Logan will say, "Oh daddy, shut up." We've tried to substitute, "Oh please!" But he usually ends up saying, "Shut up, oh please!" So, that's not working either.
Yes, sometimes, we jump on the couch. We just do, okay!!!!





Logan has started telling people that he's three and then he says that he's going to be four. I can't say it enough how much I love this age. Other than trouble getting him to go to sleep at night, I am thoroughly enjoying this age. He is funny and smart and adorable and so entertaining. He's always coming up with something that makes Zeb and I look at each other and I know we are both thinking, "We are the most blessed people in the world!" Or sometimes we're thinking..."where did he come up with that one?" At any rate, I honestly can't imagine how being a mommy could be any better. But I've said that before and it keeps getting better and better.











No comments: