Saturday, February 26, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Last weekend, a coworker of mine lost his six year old daughter after complications from a routine surgery. Logan has had two routine surgeries within the past year. It really hit home. And immediately, I praised God for watching over my little one. After hearing something like that, it's hard to find balance between loving your child so, so much and disciplining them because that's what is best in the long run (and I DO believe that you are loving your children when you are discipling them, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way!). I found myself, a lot this week, asking myself whether or not "whatever" it was would matter if this were the last day I spent with the little guy...perhaps that's morbid, but it's what has been on my mind this week. And so, today, when he said, "Mommy, come play in my room," I went. And when his face was covered in BBQ sauce and blue cheese dressing, and he said, "I need a kiss" (no kidding!), I kissed him. And it was lovely. And when he got play-doh on the floor, we just cleaned it up. This life is hard. It's hard to know what is the right thing for your child now vs. what is right in the long run. But I am thankful. I am thankful that he is here and he is ours. And I am thankful for every day that I get to spend with him. I seriously have trouble breathing when the thought crosses my mind that something could happen to him. I have to constantly remind myself that worrying is a sin and I need to train myself not to do it. But it's hard. Love your children. Love your husband. Love your parents. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. Take the time and just do it because you simply never know when time will run out. {PJs from Uncle Darrell, Aunt Donna & boys...thanks guys! Wish you were here to see them! }









{ Natalie and Logan....so cute!}

















{Logan made me an egg out of Play-Doh}








No comments: