I'm further amazed how God has used both our adoption of Logan, and the waiting time for both Logan and this next child, to work in our lives and teach us many things. I'll admit, waiting for the first adoption was much harder than waiting for the next one. And please don't take that to mean that we want this next child any less or that we will love him/her any less. It's just that now, we can see that God does have a plan for our family and He is working His perfect plan day by day in ways that we simply cannot understand. Whether we add one or two or ten or no more children to our family, we are leaning on the Lord and we will humbly accept HIM doing our family planning! There is a great sense of relief when you give up control to the Lord. And believe me, I'm not preaching here, because this is a great area of struggle for me. And while some days, I definitely still want to take control of our adoptions (which is silly because I definitely have NO control over them), there are many days when I am reminded that it will all work out for His glory. All I have to do is look at Logan to remember that. Praise the Lord!
Logan is a typical little boy with lots of built-up energy just dying to get out. He's taken to beating up the couch. Yes, that's right, he will hit it and jump into it and body-slam it and yell at it. We have yet to see how this will play-out in real life...I'm hoping that it's good for him, kind of like boxing or something, and that he doesn't learn that it's okay to beat ALL furniture (or people, for that matter!). It's been good to see him let out some of his energy in this way. (I'm sure there are many people cringing at my parenting philosophy right now...sorry!)
This past week, we were BLESSED with a snowstorm! Both Zeb and I were able to have Wednesday off work. This honestly was such a blessing because it meant that we were all able to spend the day snowed-in together. And a day with my family is a blessing indeed!!
I don't know how many inches of snow we got, but it was a lot.
One of Logan's favorite things to do is make a "train" with all of his cars. He lines them all up and then lays on the floor beside them, looking at them, touching them with his index finger and/or rearranging them.
So, one year ago today, we decided (officially) to add another one to our family and we are still waiting. I have to admit, I do wonder if next year at this time, it will still be the three of us or if there will be a fourth one. I take comfort in knowing that there is ONE who knows and that's all that matters!
2 comments:
I love this post! Your perspective is such a good reminder that we aren't in control. Hard, but usually good, right?
I can't wait to hear about your next baby, and as perfect as Logan is for your family, you'll be amazed how perfect the next one is too!
I'm hoping for a girl for you:)
Also, I was talking to a friend today, we both agreed that we haven't quite recovered from having kids so close together (hers are 15 months apart too). She recommended an over the counter, non habit forming sleep aid. I went and bought it today
All that to say, God will give you the grace to handle any situation, and friends will give you good ideas how to handle any situation. I can't wait to take some sleep meds tonight:)
Post a Comment