Tuesday, July 7, 2009

40 Weeks/Very Special Day


My heart is overflowing with emotion today. First things first. My little boy is 40 weeks old today. I can hardly believe it. I can't remember our life without him. There's nothing more that I can say other than he is an amazing blessing to us.

You probably know that a baby grows in his mommy's belly for approximately 40 weeks. Logan has been mine now as long as he was in his wonderful birth mother's tummy. I don't know why this is significant to me, it just is. I've been looking forward to this day for some reason.

Most importantly, one year ago today, Logan's birth mother had her first appointment with our caseworker. What a very special anniversary this is for us. I have NO idea what I was doing last July 7. But God knows. God knew that day, and behind what we could see or know, God was working His plan to bring our family together. Like some big puzzle, God was placing the pieces together, ever-so-perfectly (and seemed like ever-so-slowly!), but the final picture is beautiful. Our family. Our family that God brought together. And somewhere, there is a lovely woman who chose life for our son. She had options, don't ever forget that. She chose life for our baby and then the next month, she chose US to be his parents. Is anyone else as overwhelmed by this miracle as I am? I don't know if Logan's birth mother is a Christian or not, but I do know that God was working in her life. I hope she knows that, too. And I pray Logan always remembers that. And I also pray that she knows that Logan is loved more than words can say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God works at his speed, and thats what he did in this case,,
His speed was just what was needed. HE Knows

icejan said...

I smile every time I look at your post. You and Zeb are so special and I am happy that I worked with you and I work with Zeb. Our God is a great God and yes, He knew what He was doing when it came to Logan. Words cannot explain how happy I am for your family. Thanks for sharing your love and the delight you have for your wonderful family!