Thursday, July 30, 2009

10 Months

Logan, what are you up to at 10 Months Old?

You are SILLY!!!!! You love to make people laugh. Today at Target, you put a burp cloth on your head and just looked at me, as if to say, "Come on...you know you want to laugh."




You like to look at books, especially the kind that have the flip tabs or the ones that make sounds.




You also like to chew on books.


You won't sit still for very long at all, unless you are tired. For instance, today, I put you in a basket of clothes, and you were NOT entertained. I thought it was cute.




You did like to chew on the clothes basket though.


You like Charlie, and all dogs, more now than ever before. I think you know that they are fun playmates. You just haven't figured out how to control yourself enough to stop pulling his hair! He runs away from you most of the time.



You are such a boy. You like to play with basketballs, footballs, baseballs, trucks, alligators...you love to splash in the water. I'm sure all babies do, but there is a certain aggression you express. You are ALL boy.



You sleep in very strange positions, often with your face straight down or with your head under a pillow. Sometimes, it really scares me!




You still do physical therapy once a week with Miss Gloria. You get excited now when you see her because you know you are going to get a whole hour of play time!!





Although you scoot all over the place, doing the "army crawl," as they call it, you very rarely crawl on your hands and knees. I keep telling you that your life would be so much easier if you would "just do it this way," but you won't listen! Guess I should get used to it!

You can often be heard randomly calling out for your daddy. He is your favorite, except when you're tired or sad or fussy or need some hugs and kisses, then mommy is your favorite, and I think that's perfect. I'll give you as many kisses as you want!

You have 9 teeth. Daddy says you have 10, but I have yet to find the 10th one, so let's go with 9 for now.

You are starting to eat different foods, but this too, scares me. I am so worried about you choking! I guess that it would be really difficult for you to choke on mashed potatoes, but it's happened to others (ask your cousin, Drake!).

I know it's difficult to believe, but somehow, you get more adorable every day. We love you so much. You may never know how much joy you have brought into our lives. God has blessed us far beyond what we ever imagined. You are such a wonderful blessing to us and all your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Everyone loves you so much, and we know that God has great things planned for you!

In two months, you will be ONE YEAR OLD (as I wipe a tear from my eye).

We love you, Logan David.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a great joy to see you do things for the first time..standing up is one
lauging, makeing a funny face,playing flirtting, the list goes on and on..It All adds up to a baby is a pure joy, day and night, good or bad. the good outweighs the bad all the time
no matter what kind of a day you are having . and little one laying there head or your shoulder , or just reaching out and touching your face , everything is good with the world
LOVE YOU LOGAN < GG&GGM Johnston