Today, was the earliest we have been awake and we headed to Animal Kingdom. We went straight for the train ride, but realized that it wasn't the safari (duh!), so then we got a fast-pass for the safari. By the way, if you are planning to go to Disney, you need to figure out the fast pass thing and DO IT. It has been so nice for us! While we were waiting to ride the safari, Logan played some music....
....and then, he danced to some music. The kid loves to dance. As soon as he hears music, he starts to move. He doesn't care who's watching either. I love his ability to just forget about everyone else and just enjoy himself!
| Logan waiting for the safari to start |
We saw Doug and Russell which was cool because they are what I would consider less-popular characters. Logan has only recently started watching "Up," so I'm glad he knew who they were!
We did do the Bug's Life 3D movie, but I didn't take any pictures since it was in a theatre and dark. After that, we went to see the Nemo show. It was fun for all of us. Logan, of course, loves the story and I loved the music. It's a Broadway-style show, about 40 minutes long. Once we got out of the theatre, it was raining, so we headed to the bus-stop. By the time we got to the bus stop, it was done raining, but we headed back to the hotel anyways.
I'll be honest, we didn't love Animal Kingdom. We have an amazing zoo in our city, so we weren't that much in awe of the animals that we did see. It's not that anything was bad, per se, it's just that since we started with Epcot and the Magic Kingdom, I guess it's hard to live up to that awesomeness :) We didn't get to do the dinosaur ride, which we wanted to do, but we agreed that if we don't make it back to that park the rest of the week, we won't be disappointed. Please don't be offended it you went to the Animal Kingdom and you love it. Or please don't let this talk you out of visiting for yourself someday. It was just our experience based on having a four-year-old son with very specific interests.
In the evening, we went to Downtown Disney which is basically just a lot of shopping. Again, we weren't impressed. We don't necessarily like shopping anyways, so I don't know why we thought we would like it. I guess I just always think I'm going to find that one AMAZING souvenir that I couldn't find anyplace else. It didn't happen. But they did have a cool fountain that Logan played in.
And they did have a Lego store with this Buzz and Woody outside. Logan doesn't really place with Legos right now, so we didn't even go into the store.
The last thing he did at Downtown Disney was ride a carousel.
Zeb had a crazy idea to take advantage of the fact that the Magic Kingdom was open until 1 am, and Logan was all for it, so we headed back to the Magic Kingdom at 9:30. We got there in time for the parade and Logan LOVED it. He was grinning from ear to ear and almost collapsed when he saw Pinocchio. There were two older ladies there just gushing over Logan's excitement and one told me that he made her day. I'm so glad that he was a blessing to complete strangers.
| This was the only view I could get of him at the parade, but he was beaming with excitement. |
1 comment:
I agree that Fast Pass is the way to go for the more popular rides! We used it a few times, and it worked out well for us.
We saw that same band playing, too :) (our trip was late August.)
We didn't do the Bug's Life movie -Zoe gets scared with the 4D type of movies. Did Logan like it?
We loved the Nemo show - it was great. We were in the "bubble zone."
We thought Animal Kingdom was okay but not great, too. We liked the safari ride and a couple of the shows. Zoe loved the Boneyard in the dinosaur area.
Post a Comment