Sunday, September 30, 2012

Logan's 4th Birthday (and Disney - Day 2)

First things first -- thanks to the person who pointed out on the last post that Logan's buddy is actually Ferb, not Phineas.  I just don't have the heart to tell him :)
 
What a day!  I cannot believe our precious boy is four years old.  I'm praying that he has many wonderful memories from his fourth birthday -- I know that we will!!!  We let him sleep in this morning, so we didn't get out of the hotel until around 10.  Here is his first picture as a four year old:
 We headed to the Magic Kingdom first thing.  Everywhere you turn, there is something to catch your attention.  We stopped for a few minutes to watch these people dancing and singing.  God bless these people for doing it in this heat.  Seriously. 
 Okay, seriously...the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower, it was under construction, so all of my pictures from that trip have the Eiffel Tower half covered in a tarp...And Cinderella's Castle -- well, it has a crane behind it.  It doesn't show up much in this picture, but it's there, and it's in all the others I took of it.
 The park is all decorated for fall.  There are so many little (and big) details everywhere.  Too bad that most of the time, we're running from one place to the next and don't really slow down!!!

Logan has to have a map with him everywhere we go.  And if he finds that I have a map as well, he must immediately switch maps with me, even if it's the same one.
 So, the first ride we went on was "It's a Small World."  This was a must-do for me and it was a great way for Logan to start the day.  He loved it.  I vaguely remember riding it as a child, so I really wanted to go on it again.  I love just watching him though and seeing how he was just taking it all in.  I told Zeb to just imagine what this all must feel like to a four year old.  No wonder Logan said "That's amazing" about a hundred times today!
This is Logan waiting for "It's a Small World" to start.

This hat and bell belonged to a man standing outside the restaurant where we ate lunch.  Logan was thrilled to be able to ring the bell!
 My son is getting good at this picture taking thing.  I said, "Oh wait!  Let me get a picture of you eating your popsicle and he took a lick as he was looking at the camera and then said, "Did you get it, mom?"
 And before I forget, let me report that Logan said to me today, "You're the best mom in the world."  I know that it's his birthday, but that was the best gift a mother could be given.  He's such a sweet boy; generous with the random compliments!

After we rode "It's a Small World," we went to the Haunted Mansion and then to Peter Pan.  Logan really liked them both but talked the most about Peter Pan.  Zeb and Logan rode the teacups, but I opted to just take pictures.  Since we had just eaten lunch, I didn't feel like losing it so soon!
 I also opted out of Dumbo.  At this point in the day, it was about 100 degrees (I don't know for sure...it was just HOT.) 

This is Logan holding up his "boarding pass" for the Dumbo ride.
 We also rode Winnie the Pooh and Zeb and Logan drove the cars. 

At supper, there were lots of characters giving out hugs.  Again, Logan was gushing and doing inappropriate touching. 





Zeb tells me that his mom has a picture of him with Chip when he was little, so we had to take this picture. 

 Zeb had arranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to Logan after our supper.  He was SO excited.  We carried it around for the evening and when we got home, it was "mush" as Logan called it.





 We really wanted to go on the Soarin' ride, but our fast-pass wasn't until 9:05, so after supper, we rode the Nemo ride again, and Logan didn't get scared.  He was proud, but I was disappointed :)
 We also rode "Living with the Land" twice this evening.  And then we were able to see Illuminations, which is a light and fireworks show at Epcot.

 We rode the "Soarin'" ride, but I was a complete wimp and had to close my eyes almost the entire time.  I GET that you're only about 10 - 15 feet in the air and I GET that you are completely indoors, but my stomach didn't get it.  As soon as we took off, my palms were sweating and my heart was pounding and I wanted to die.  Logan loved it.  I love that he loved it and tried to sit as quietly as possible so that he didn't see that I was scared.  But apparently, he didn't care.  He's so brave.

Zeb also arranged for a special delivery to our hotel room, so when we arrived tonight, there was a HUGE Buzz Lightyear balloon and a gift set for Logan.  He was super excited about that.  He was dragging that balloon all over the hotel room tonight.  Have I mentioned that Logan needs a sibling??

Oh, this sweet boy.  I cannot believe he's four!!
 
 
 
Dear Sweet Logan,
 
I simply cannot believe another year has passed and you are four years old.  Today is a day  that is set aside on the calendar to celebrate your birth, but your daddy and I celebrate you every moment of every day.  You are the sweetest most amazing thing that ever happened to either of us and I think we tell each other about 100 times a day how much we love you and how we cannot believe how cute you are.  Of course, we tell you about 100 times a day that we love you.  And it's my favorite thing when you randomly say, "I love you, mama."  Sweetest thing EVER.  And Logan, someday when  you're reading this, and you're going to read those words quickly and maybe you won't understand what I'm saying, so go back and read them again...when you say, "I love you, mama," it's TRULY the sweetest thing ever to me.
 
You are Mr. Personality.  Today, I was telling daddy that you remind me so much of my Grandpa because you don't know a stranger.  You love everyone and you want to talk to and get to know everyone.  On the bus to the park today, you were hugging this random lady who was with her kids.  That's what I mean about how you love people.  You're sweet.  So, I'm just thinking that you'd make a great evangelist someday. God has special plans for you.  You have a personality that (almost) everyone loves.  There are some people who don't, but I'm pretty sure they don't like anything, so don't sweat it.  People love you.  And you love people.  Don't lose that.
 
I thought a lot about Miss A today and hoped that she somehow knows that you are spending your fourth birthday at Disney.  Not that life is all about going places and seeing things, but we are hoping that this trip is a trip of a lifetime for you...it is for us.  We are celebrating you and your life and the blessing that Miss A gave to you and to us by chosing adoption for you.  We love her so much and know that she has such a wonderful part in your story.
 
So, dear precious boy, there is absolutely nothing baby about you anymore -- hasn't been for a long time.  But we fall more and more in love with you every day and we love seeing your personality develop and we love watching you grow and learn.  Being your parents is the best thing that has ever happened to us.  We pray you know how very much we love you.
 
Happy Fourth Birthday Sweet Boy!!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Aw, what a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Logan!! Sounds like it was fantastic :)