Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Disney - Day 6

Our last day at Disney was a mix of emotions -- we were sad we were leaving, we had so much we wanted to do/see, and we were thoroughly exhausted!  If you are staying on site, they have extended hours at different parks each day.  Our last day happened to be morning hours at the Magic Kingdom, so we arrived prior to 8 a.m. and got to see the fanfair of them opening up the park.  It was cool!
 I was able to get a crane-free picture of the castle:

Logan enjoying a map.

Logan talking to his friend, Peter Pan


 While Zeb and Logan were riding the Toy Story ride, yet again, I went to the Carousel of Progress, because I'm a geek like that and I enjoy those kinds of things!

We went to the Hall of Presidents and then we rode the ferry boat. 


After the boat ride, we went over the the Pirates of the Caribbean area and Jack Sparrow was there awarding pirate certificates.  See Logan there on the right?  He's the cutest one....
 He listened so closely to all of the instructions.

 After our nap, we had supper at Epcot and then took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party!  Logan dressed up as a pirate. 



 It was raining, so they postposed the fireworks, but we stayed around to see them and I am so glad we did.  It was quite a show.  I pretty much figure that when you've seen one firework, you've seen them all, but I was wrong.  This was a SHOW.  The entire show was like a competition between evil Disney characters and they were trying to outdo each other.  I was mezmerized.  So was Zeb.  And Logan.





They also postponed the parade and kept postponing it, so eventually, we left.  We were disappointed that we didn't get to see it, but you can only wait around so late in the night!

All-in-all, I would say that our week at Disney was probably the best week of my life (and that's saying a lot -- I've been to PARIS!).  But words cannot express the joy that we felt watching our sweet little boy experience the magic of Disney.  I was told by a few people not to go to Disney when he was so young because he wouldn't remember much, and that may be true.  But we will never, EVER forget his excitement.  The trip was definitely for him, for him to experience the magic and excitement, but the joy that we experienced from watching him definitely made the trip just as much for US as it was for him.  He talks about it all the time and he loves looking at the pictures. 

Disney is a lot of work, both planning and just being there, but I am so glad we did it.  It's a week I'll never forget.

No comments: